πŸ”’ The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... Γ—
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 140 β€” Ron Swanson Off

I think we have a new best friend and his name isΒ Nick Offerman! The ex-con and star of Parks and Recreation makes his Comedy Bang Bang debut this week and gives all you Parks and Rec die-hards a glimpse into the tear-jerking story of how Ron Swanson came to be. Also joining us is Paul Giamatti who trades audition and rejection stories with Nick. To put it simply: This episode is diminutive!

It's so nice of Scott to not participate in the Hollywood blacklist of Paul Giamatti. From Big Momma's House and Big Fat Liar to Fred Claus, Paul is a legend.

• Like 2

Nice to have someone else who's 'over the line' at Parks and Rec, instead of one of those lowly writers. More of a straight interview for the first half of the episode but I enjoyed it, Nick Offerman is an interesting guy.

Β 

Great job on the new forum guys.

• Like 1

Too Big to Fail - was that title describing Paul Giamatti's Golden Globes beard?

Β 

I'll be here all week

• Like 2

episode was over before i knew it. a sure sign that i'm being thoroughly entertained. great episode again.

Β 

forum looks so much better now. good job.

I'm only 30 minutes in right now, but I feel like this episode is going to be the one that makes me finally commit to catching up on P&R. Job well done, Earwolf!

Β 

P.S. The new forum looks AWESOME.

Real great to hear Nick Offerman on the show. Also, with him moving to New York, I haven't had much James Adomian in my life. I forgot how amzaing he is.

This episode was amazing, what a treat! When I was watching the Golden Globes last night, I was rubbing my paws together with giddy delight over Giamatti's loss, knowing it would fuel the impression....little did I know he would be on the very next episode! Offerman's little giggle absolutely slayed me.

Was there weird super-quiet music and muffled talking throughout the whole episode? I kept having to take my earbuds out to see if it was my neighbors. Not that it mattered. Great episode as always.

Preston,

Β 

We did have some sound blocking issues from a musical guest next door but I'm pretty sure it isn't present throughout the entire episode. Of course, we weren't going to withhold such a great episode due to any unfortunate sound issues. I'm glad it didn't infringe on your ability to enjoy the episode though!

Β 

I'll take all the blame. Aqua seafoam shame. :blink:

Β 

- Engineer Dustin

I would love to hear Scott Okerman and Nick Aufferman do some more of this again one day please. So nice to hear award winning podcast guest* James Adomian working his magic again too.

Β 

* I'm not even making this up as some kind of fanciful compliment. Word on the street is James has literally won at least one award simply for being a splendid podcast guest.

The only problem I had with this episode was that I was praying the Ron Swanson off would end with Paul Giamatti exploding and then re-constituting himself after some complaining. When an Adomian character goes crazy the episode becomes an instant classic. Great episode nonetheless

CBB is by far my favorite podcast, but "Paul Giamatti" is just awful. Please never have him on again, I hate having to turn off the podcast before the plugs section.

Pay no attention to the negative posts, Mr. Giamatti. Most of us love you. Even though you're fat and bald and gross and ugly. :)

Thank you so much for "Hulkster in Heaven". I had this on cassette tape and now own Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band on CD. So happy to sing along to the break music.

Oh man, I feel bad for the peeps who aren't into Adomian's Paul Giamatti. I think it's brilliant, whereas the last time he did Dov Charney, I was more than happy to slam my keyboard shut.

I'm always surprised by how divisive Adomians' characters are. I mean yeah there's some I like a lot more than others but the fact that people can utterly hate one and yet love another seems weird to me.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this