🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 59 — A Real Asssscat!

It's been far too long since we've had Matt Besser in our chart chamber. He reprises his appearance this week with a rousing round of hits from the iTunes Top Singles Chart, insider acting advice inspired by the Movie Chart, and a special hometown version of Chart Roulette. Matt gets personal as he tells tales of traveling with marijuana, clues us into his favorite dance music tropes, and shocks us with his neighbor's murder mystery! Put on your knee-high socks and dig in!

Dragon Boy Suede definitely needs to make a parody song of dance hip hop full of Besser Rolls and Kulaps. That was such a spot on observation, it really is crazy how homogenized popular music has gotten. For example, Tik Tok and California Girls are the exact same song:

And they were both made by the same producer, Dr. Luke, whose made tons fo hit pop songs for other female artists like Britney Spears and Kelly Clarkson. A handful of these producers are now creating basically all popular music. That's nuts!

I had no idea Matt was going to be on last night's New Girl, so it was a pleasant surprise to see him playing a male stripper on a school bus!

Why am I not surprised that the first thing Kulap mentions when someone brings up Le Tigre is JD Samson's "faint moustache".

Snaggletooth lightning round absolutely fucking killed me. Laughed pretty loudly on the bus, couldn't stifle them forever. Howard, you may literally be the most under-utilized person in comedy, no hyperbole.

Also, Ghost Protocol is the 4th M:I film.

• Like 1

In re: the Web Bonus discussion:

There is the old bumper sticker:

"Vegetarians taste better."

I've been fortunate enough to be told that this is actually at least arguably the case.

(And there is at least one Vietnamese dish that tastes almost exactly in the other direction, if you get my obtuse drift. I shall have to seek that out again.)

Besser has good taste! John Darnielle (@mountain_goats) is a really funny guy and should prob'ly be on more podcasts! Just saying~

That snaggletooth/Italy quiz was a perfect example of why Kremer is so effing hilarious. Some great scenarios there, and another hilarious episode. Keep up the great work guys!

I love Matt Besser, but his hugo movie pitch is basically Real Steel, and Hugo was definitley better than Real Steel.

Besser is great on Who Charted - nice having someone that likes the show on (like PFT on CBB).

Perhaps the worst chart game about the guest, and because it was the worst, it was the best. I think last time it had Razorbacks Garden Gnomes, and this time it had Arkansas criminals - but Howie digging himself out of those is the best part of the podcast anyways - Kremer can't dig a big enough hole to not be funny in while trying to get out of it.

New songs are great, but I hope we hear the old ones once in a while....Tunes!

Yep, Matt Besser's the perfect kind of guest for this show. He knows it, he goes along with everything, he even came prepared. The bonus chart was pretty funny - the first four songs sounded the same to me, I imagine all the guys making those songs look exactly the same, then BOOM. 212.

Besser is one of the champions of my heart.

Sign in to follow this