🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Cinco DeNio

Musical Mondays Week 55 Preview - taylorannephoto's 4th pick

21 minutes ago, WatchOutForSnakes said:

I'm willing to theme some movie watching around westerns for the month! It's a little bit late notice, but Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid is streaming on HBO Go, but expiring tonight. 

There's plenty to choose from still... I have noticed a whole mess of Clint Eastwood films on Amazon Prime I'm stoked to check out.

1 minute ago, Cameron H. said:

That’s what I would think, too. I’m ready with my pick. So if you guys want me to go ahead with it, I will. Let me know. I’m just trying to keep our discussions to mini-episode weeks. 

I'd say, make the pick and if anything, we can adjust the 'watch by' date a week when we find out on Friday what's up for sure

• Like 1

Okay, cool. I’ll just go ahead then. (Cinco, could you please edit the thread title?)

I’ve been promising this one for two years. It’s time to watch some trash.

2923188260_2d5d9b95d2.jpg

And, yes, it’s on Amazon. I would never make you pay for this ;) 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, AlmostAGhost said:

Even though nobody seemed super interested, my theme for January is going to be cowboy/westerns.  Follow me on Letterboxd to see what movies I dig up.  (I'm basing this off Unspooled's first two picks for January being westerns. I'm going all in this month.)

No, I like the idea, but at the moment, I have a hard enough time keeping up with what everything as it is. I may follow along unofficially, but I just can’t promise a commitment for the time being.

I do have some Jimmy Stewart westerns on my watch list, though. So I may just bump them up :) 

22 minutes ago, Cameron H. said:

No, I like the idea, but at the moment, I have a hard enough time keeping up with what everything as it is. I may follow along unofficially, but I just can’t promise a commitment for the time being.

I do have some Jimmy Stewart westerns on my watch list, though. So I may just bump them up :) 

I mean, the way I'm picturing it is there's no commitment.  Just do it as you can.  Certainly not to get in the way of HDTGM, Unspooled, Musical Mondays at all.  No coordination, or rules. I enjoyed having Holiday movies to fill my time/mood in December and wanted to carry that on.  Anyway I'll start a thread tomorrow if we do want to share any thoughts on films watched.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, AlmostAGhost said:

I mean, the way I'm picturing it is there's no commitment.  Just do it as you can.  Certainly not to get in the way of HDTGM, Unspooled, Musical Mondays at all.  No coordination, or rules. I enjoyed having Holiday movies to fill my time/mood in December and wanted to carry that on.  Anyway I'll start a thread tomorrow if we do want to share any thoughts on films watched.

Oh jeez. I thought you meant themed Musical Mondays. I was thinking you're really limiting our choices for musicals if they are themed.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, grudlian. said:

Oh jeez. I thought you meant themed Musical Mondays. I was thinking you're really limiting our choices for musicals if they are themed.

Oh oops my bad!  Yea, not as a replacement of our weekly things.  I enjoyed seeing what weird holiday movies everyone dug up, thought we could keep it going on different ideas.

• Like 1

So I'm possibly going to miss Musical Monday because my grandmother died the day after Christmas and I need to fly out for the funeral this week. I'm not really sure when I'll be back. I'm doing ok though and I hope everyone has a wonderful New Year!

So sorry to hear that Gigi

Bad films will be waiting for you when you return

• Like 1

On 1/1/2019 at 8:08 AM, gigi-tastic said:

So I'm possibly going to miss Musical Monday because my grandmother died the day after Christmas and I need to fly out for the funeral this week. I'm not really sure when I'll be back. I'm doing ok though and I hope everyone has a wonderful New Year!

I'm so sorry to hear this, gigi! My condolences!

• Like 1

On 12/31/2018 at 3:10 PM, Cameron H. said:

That’s what I would think, too. I’m ready with my pick. So if you guys want me to go ahead with it, I will. Let me know. I’m just trying to keep our discussions to mini-episode weeks. 

I would say let's go ahead and have you pick on Monday.  Then if a full episode (not a mini-sode) comes out on the 11th let's just push the actual discussion back a week.  That would give people more time to see the pick.

@AlmostAGhost beat me to it.  I'll blame my browser and not laziness.

Edited by Cinco DeNio
Duplicate post of another

On 1/1/2019 at 9:08 AM, gigi-tastic said:

Crap, @gigi-tastic!  My mom died on Christmas so I know what you're going through.  All the hugs we can send!

• Like 1

On 12/31/2018 at 3:17 PM, Cameron H. said:

Okay, cool. I’ll just go ahead then. (Cinco, could you please edit the thread title?)

Hide contents

VU7DZ.gif

• Like 1

1 minute ago, grudlian. said:

I'm sorry to hear that, Cinco.

Thanks.  It's been 22 years but each Christmas is bittersweet.  Not nearly as bad as Phoebe Cates' though.

On 12/31/2018 at 3:17 PM, Cameron H. said:

Reveal hidden contents

@Cameron H., the system isn't letting me edit the first post (which is how I changed the title previously).  Is there a way to close the thread and I'll open a new one?

On 1/2/2019 at 12:25 PM, Cinco DeNio said:

Crap, @gigi-tastic!  My mom died on Christmas so I know what you're going through.  All the hugs we can send!

I'm so sorry to hear that. My mom died in August but her birthday is a few days before Christmas so I sort of know how hard it can be. 

Thanks everyone for your kind words. It means a lot. Sadly I missed the funeral because of weather conditions and spent a night stuck in Chicago but my family was really understanding and I'm finally home now. I got a cold but other than that everything worked and I can't wait to see what looks like a truly insane movie!

• Like 2