🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 7 — Ronna and Beverly

Ronna Glickman & Beverly Ginsberg are the best-selling co-authors of You’ll Do A Little Better Next Time: A Guide to Marriage and Re-marriage for Jewish Singles (“It says Jewish in the name — but it’s for everyone!”).

These outspoken fiftysomethings from Boston, who can be seen regularly at the Upright Citizens Brigade Theatre in LA, dispense their unique brand of relationship advice while interviewing/interrogating celebrity guests.

Will an old doormat work for a yoga corner? I'm inspired to create my own!

Just curious, ladies - how come this episode takes place in the summer?

Earwolf, you have topped yourself again. (I actually thought that in Ronna's voice and said "tawped"). I couldn't wait to leave work to finish listening.

Beverly, I would love to hear what kind of lover Alan Ginsberg the guidance counselor was.

I have yet to listen to this but I greatly enjoyed the CBB appearance and will check this out soon. There's one thing that's been bothering me that I wanted to share and since the CBB board is so off topic I thought I'd post it here:

One of you (can't tell you apart yet, sorry) asked if Kulap was from one of those cultures that saved spiders when in fact Judaism is one of those cultures. When King Saul was after David, he sent men after the future king. David hid in a cave and the King's guards eventually found the cave but before they could go in, a giant spider spun many webs at the entrance. When they finally got to the cave, they saw what looked like years of unbroken webs and decided that it was impossible for David to have entered the cave without breaking the webs. Because of this help, it is considered good luck in the Jewish culture, to save a spider whenever you can especially when it's just lost in your home.

Shoot! Reading the board keyed me in that this was taped in the summer. I had hopes for a new season of Curb w/ Paul F. Tompkins in 2012. Thank you Ronna and Beverly. I hope your show has a home at Earwolf.

I love this show so darn much. I didn't even know they had older episodes until I found them on BeyondPod. The Rob Riggle and Harris Wittles episodes were gold.

Sign in to follow this