Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 580 - Legend of Mr. Met

Recommended Posts

Ben Schwartz and Horatio Sanz join Scott to ring in the New Year and share what they want to achieve in 2019. Then, professional baseball player Johnny Salese stops by to share the story of the birth of Mr. Met. Later, storyteller Chris Grezlik stops by to play a game of Riddle Me This. Plus, the debut of a brand new Closing Up the Plugs Bag Theme Song!

Share this post


Link to post

That closing of the plugs bag is 42 seconds long. Over 52 weeks of shows that's a minimum of 36 minutes we're going to hear it in 2019. 

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Bumpy said:

That closing of the plugs bag is 42 seconds long. Over 52 weeks of shows that's a minimum of 36 minutes we're going to hear it in 2019. 

Scott seems happiest when the plug intro themes are around 15 seconds in length. Listening to a closing theme 3x that length every week might cause him to go insane.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post

as soon as they start plugs i will stop listening from now on.  it was funny when they honestly screwed up the first time; however purposefully doing it wrong years in a row and feigning it as accidental simply is not funny.  it's annoying and disingenuous. it is way too slow of a burn to be funny for a regular listener, like myself.  just use the closing up the plug bag theme remix with Marino and Wilson.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

I love it when guests are baffled by the closing of the plug bag theme, and this year will certainly leave them baffled... possibly more than last year, depending on how insane the accompanying music gets

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, KeyboardBadger said:

I love it when guests are baffled by the closing of the plug bag theme, and this year will certainly leave them baffled... possibly more than last year, depending on how insane the accompanying music gets

He already posted it, so you be the judge.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, razlax479 said:

as soon as they start plugs i will stop listening from now on.  it was funny when they honestly screwed up the first time; however purposefully doing it wrong years in a row and feigning it as accidental simply is not funny.  it's annoying and disingenuous. it is way too slow of a burn to be funny for a regular listener, like myself.  just use the closing up the plug bag theme remix with Marino and Wilson.

 

 

I don't understand how you've ever enjoyed this podcast.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post

I didn't think the baseball player character was going anywhere until oh boy did it go somewhere. Great stuff. Also wonderful how immediately uncomfortable Mr S and Mr A got at the next guest. Just some great bonkers stuff to start the year.

 

Scott's gonna be done with that song by February.

Share this post


Link to post
42 minutes ago, Melron McDilnott said:

He already posted it, so you be the judge.

 

I still think last year's was more off the rails with the circus music but this is pretty wild too

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, NameThatPunky said:

I don't understand how you've ever enjoyed this podcast.

The basic idea of an individual disliking one specific part of something while enjoying other aspects of it is too intellectually complex of a concept for you to understand. Okay. Thanks for letting me know, I guess.

Share this post


Link to post

Man! Eastman Presser's remix is so much better than mine haha. if you guys one wanna check it out, that would be awesome! :P

https://soundcloud.com/kniues/open-up-the-bag-remix#t=0:00

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×