🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 204.5 - Minisode 204.5

Where does Holiday in Handcuffs take place? What is Paul’s best movie of 2018? All this and more is covered on this week’s minisode! Paul goes through Corrections and Omissions for Holiday in Handcuffs, opens up the Mail Bag, and reveals which movie will be covered next week! Plus, the Movie Bitches review Princess Switch.

Subscribe to Unspooled with Paul Scheer and Amy Nicholson here: http://www.earwolf.com/show/unspooled/

Check out our new website over at www.hdtgminfo.com!

Check out new HDTGM merch over at https://www.teepubli…wdidthisgetmade

Where to Find Jason, June & Paul:

@PaulScheer on Instagram & Twitter

@Junediane on IG and @MsJuneDiane on Twitter

Jason is still not on Twitter

Alert! Paul and Nicole Byer were on the Good Place this week. (West Coast, you still have time to see it live.) I was unprepared for how much I would squeal when I saw Nicole.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Elektra Boogaloo said:

Alert! Paul and Nicole Byer were on the Good Place this week. (West Coast, you still have time to see it live.) I was unprepared for how much I would squeal when I saw Nicole.

Was coming here to say the same thing.  Seeing them made an already amazing show that much more forking great.

• Like 4

The January 19 live shows at Largo gonna be:

"The Snowman" with Michael Fassbender, and "Harry & Meghan: A Royal Romance"!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SlidePocket said:

The January 19 live shows at Largo gonna be:

"The Snowman" with Michael Fassbender, and "Harry & Meghan: A Royal Romance"!

These are both two movies my mom watched recently and was completely flummoxed enough to talk about them over the phone with me...

• Like 3

On 1/12/2019 at 6:26 PM, Elektra Boogaloo said:

I wanted them to DO Aquaman. 

I wanted to DO Aquaman

tenor.gif

• Like 3

Is The Snowman the movie Fassbender did about Richard Klukinski? 

Totes excited for Cellular. Kim Basinger literally phoning it in!

• Like 3

On 1/12/2019 at 7:26 PM, Elektra Boogaloo said:

I wanted them to DO Aquaman. 

100% I actually went to see it yesterday on Paul's recommendation. I definitely laughed in the wrong places. It reminded me of The Meg in that regard. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, WatchOutForSnakes said:

100% I actually went to see it yesterday on Paul's recommendation. I definitely laughed in the wrong places. It reminded me of The Meg in that regard. 

The couple next to me when I saw it were laughing SO hard during some parts that I couldn't help but laugh as well, and during the entire war scene the three of us were just cracking up.

I mean literally crab people vs mermaids is the funniest shit I've ever seen.

• Like 1

I am SO excited for the Cellular ep. I unironicially love that movie. I think it's a legitimately fun movie. Of course there's plenty to make fun of too :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, taylorannephoto said:

The couple next to me when I saw it were laughing SO hard during some parts that I couldn't help but laugh as well, and during the entire war scene the three of us were just cracking up.

The crab thing (played by John Rhys Davies) is for sure the best character.

I wanted it to have better music cues. I said on Twitter that they should've played Cher's HALF BREED while he rose up on the leviathan. No one else thought it was funny.

WHY DID JULIE ANDREWS AGREE TO THIS? Does Warner have something on her?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, taylorannephoto said:

I lost my shit at the crab people! And am I the only one who thought that red wig was awful?!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, WatchOutForSnakes said:

I lost my shit at the crab people! And am I the only one who thought that red wig was awful?!

She was cosplaying Ariel, right?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, WatchOutForSnakes said:

It's the. worst. wig.

Also I didn't believe they had any romantic chemistry! I mean totally great bro energy with the possibility of falling in love years later lmao, but I'm thinking you give me two or three more adventures with those two and THEN I could believe they fell in love lol.

• Like 2

Since Kim Basinger is in this movie does that mean Jason and Paul will reference their other podcast "Ladies of the 80's" again which was referenced in The Meg episode.

• Like 1

On 1/14/2019 at 6:00 PM, WatchOutForSnakes said:

when the red hair was CGI (when they were underwater) I was fine with it, it was her on land sequences...oaf.

That all said, I loved the movie because it was just so batshit insane while managing to tell a pretty basic King Arthur story. 

21 hours ago, taylorannephoto said:

It's the. worst. wig.

Also I didn't believe they had any romantic chemistry! I mean totally great bro energy with the possibility of falling in love years later lmao, but I'm thinking you give me two or three more adventures with those two and THEN I could believe they fell in love lol.

I would have rather the only love story been between Kim Basinger and the guy that played Momoa's dad. At least that was the only love story I was engaged in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EvRobert said:

I would have rather the only love story been between Kim Basinger and the guy that played Momoa's dad. At least that was the only love story I was engaged in.

Dude... that was Nicole Kidman c'mon!

Also I agree because their chemistry was off the hook

48 minutes ago, taylorannephoto said:

Dude... that was Nicole Kidman c'mon!

Also I agree because their chemistry was off the hook

KNEW that and the entire film and afterwards I kept going "so when is Kim Basinger going to come back?" I have no idea why I kept trying to make Nicole Kidman into Kim Basinger

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, EvRobert said:

KNEW that and the entire film and afterwards I kept going "so when is Kim Basinger going to come back?" I have no idea why I kept trying to make Nicole Kidman into Kim Basinger

You’re just amped for Cellular ;) 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cameron H. said:

You’re just amped for Cellular ;) 

I legit am, I went on a Statham binge a couple of years ago. It's a fun movie