🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
IRONicmerMAN

Replicas (2019)

Might not be too likely with Tommy MiddleD in the film, but this is a bad one.

Film Review: ‘Replicas’

Rampant silliness and gaping plot holes test audience patience in Jeffrey Nachmanoff's sci-fi thriller.

'Dead people really don’t like to wake up and find their memories have been stuffed inside something that looks like the mechanical marvel from “Ex Machina.”'

https://variety.com/2019/film/reviews/replicas-review-keanu-reeves-1203105370/

‘Replicas’ Film Review: Keanu Reeves’ Robo-Clone Thriller Flirts With Unintentional Laughs

Reeves’ mad doctor tries to bring his family back to life in a ridiculous tale that replaces emotion with shouted technobabble

https://www.thewrap.com/replicas-film-review-keanu-reeves/

'Reeves’ Will Foster is first seen waiting for a donated brain that is being brought to him via helicopter, and director Jeffrey Nachmanoff (“Traitor”) cross-cuts between Reeves anxiously staring at his watch and the brain being rushed into the facility. During an operation to place this brain into a robot body, Dr. Foster is asked, “Do you concur?” by a colleague and Reeves cries, “I concur!” in that ineffably stilted but enthusiastic Keanu-ish way.'

• Like 1

This is apparently the 3rd worst Metascore film of the year and it is sporting a 9% on RT.  The reviews are absolutely brutal.

Considering that the #1 and #2 worst movies are the completely tasteless the Haunting of Sharon Tate & that John Travolta movie directed by Fred Durst where he inaccurately plays an autistic stalker, this is be the best choice of the three.  The other two are just not as fun to make fun of from what I can tell, but I am not watching those first two under basically any circumstances.  Plus this has Middleditch in it and normally that would probably make them shy away, but lord knows that guy doesn't give a fuck.  He'd probably even be willing to be the guest.

Signed up for an account just to add to the recommendation of this film, it just came on Netflix (in Canada) and has 9 percent on Rotten Tomatoes but 80% of google users liked it. Solid hilariously bad film. 

I rented this in UHD and despite the bad story it goes down smooth.  This is on the same level as Bloodshot, bad movie but goes down smooth.  Not to mention this movie has an aggressive 5.1 mix and some definite bass at times which is odd to say since this is basically a drama at heart.  I would love to hear the gang talk about this movie.  Not nearly as bad as the reviews suggest.  Not great but not bad either.

I saw this and its not memorable and certainly not good but easy to watch and liked the general idea behind it. The Keanu bot is certainly HDTGM worthy, but I will say the film itself is not.