🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Cameron H.

Musical Mondays Week 57 Preview (Taylor Anne’s 4th Pick)

9 hours ago, tomspanks said:

Good luck!  I'm sorta dreading the day when I have to tackle decluttering my physical books, but I already know a lot of them don't spark joy anymore, lol.

Books is gonna be the hardest thing for me as well, but a lot of them truly do spark joy and so I know they are good to keep. I think, though, I should add DVDs into this category because there are truly a lot that I just don't even touch anymore and with streaming it makes it a lot easier to watch things. Then I can make more room for books LOL!

• Like 5

Hi guys!

Cam just reached out to tell me I'm in line for next week, and I totally feel shitty about having dipped on you guys for about three hundred years. I really want to start getting back into visiting and participating (yeah, we've heard that before) and it could happen with a less busy semester ahead of me.  I loved the stage version of 'Last Five Years' so I'll see if I can join in this week to earn my place for next week's pick!

Love you all!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, taylorannephoto said:

Books is gonna be the hardest thing for me as well, but a lot of them truly do spark joy and so I know they are good to keep. I think, though, I should add DVDs into this category because there are truly a lot that I just don't even touch anymore and with streaming it makes it a lot easier to watch things. Then I can make more room for books LOL!

I still have far too many books, but something that helped me cull them, at least a little, is Kindle having a lot of  classics available for free due to public domain.  The formatting isn't always great on these editions, but it helped make some difficult decisions easier. Mostly, I kept my hardcovers and signed editions and got rid of all of my paperbacks. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, taylorannephoto said:

You and my niece would get along terrifically. 🙂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AlmostAGhost said:

I vow to never get rid of my books!  I love having them all over the place

What @AlmostAGhost's library might look like

original.jpg

• Like 4

They're finally finishing the renovation in our department this summer so for the fall semester we're moving buildings and I have to shift into an office half the size. When they first told us the furniture we were allowed to have, they said that we could have one (1) six foot bookcase, and one (1) two foot bookcase, totalling ten shelves. That MIGHT cover SOME of my Shakespeare. Maybe. I have no idea how I'll cope having to only take a third of my books. Maybe just piled up on the floor?

• Like 3

On 1/22/2019 at 1:26 PM, AlmostAGhost said:

I vow to never get rid of my books!  I love having them all over the place

I used to feel that way, too. But I’ve moved far too often.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cameron H. said:

I used to feel that way, too. But I’ve mo Ed far too often.

It was easier to vow never to move again than give up my video game collection.

• Like 1

On 1/21/2019 at 10:07 AM, taylorannephoto said:

OKAY! I didn't forget this time lmao

So I've been eyeing this movie on Netflix for an extremely long time and I've been only wanting to watch it with y'all cause I'm not positive if I'm going to like it or not lol. It looks like one of those I'll either absolutely love or just get bored with half way through so buckle up friends cause we're gonna watch...

Hide contents

51Xla06YDbL.jpg

I thought that was the wolf boy from Twilight at first glance but he didn't look enough like an alpaca to be him. I'm also VERY stoned on migraine meds so....

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Cakebug Tranch said:

They're finally finishing the renovation in our department this summer so for the fall semester we're moving buildings and I have to shift into an office half the size. When they first told us the furniture we were allowed to have, they said that we could have one (1) six foot bookcase, and one (1) two foot bookcase, totalling ten shelves. That MIGHT cover SOME of my Shakespeare. Maybe. I have no idea how I'll cope having to only take a third of my books. Maybe just piled up on the floor?

I have two bookcases jam packed divided on fiction and non-fiction because I have so many while the rest live in piles around the house . And I continue to being more home every time I work a library booksale. I am Marie Kondo's nightmare

• Like 2

12 hours ago, grudlian. said:

It was easier to vow never to move again than give up my video game collection.

Yeah, we're going to need you to move to a corner of the basement.  If you could spray for roaches while you're there, that would be greeeaaaat.

clip_image002_thumb.jpg?w=630

• Like 4

11 hours ago, gigi-tastic said:

I thought that was the wolf boy from Twilight at first glance but he didn't look enough like an alpaca to be him. I'm also VERY stoned on migraine meds so....

So you're Team Jacob?

As long as I don't forget there's a Rabbit showing tonight at 9 p.m. Eastern.  Also 9 p.m. tomorrow and 6 p.m. Sunday.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Cinco DeNio said:

As long as I don't forget there's a Rabbit showing tonight at 9 p.m. Eastern.  Also 9 p.m. tomorrow and 6 p.m. Sunday.

Thank you! I might pop in tomorrow or sunday depending on what’s going on. Today is the season finale of The Good place and I have no dvr lol but regardless it’s really nice of you to do multiple viewings!

22 minutes ago, SaraK said:

Thank you! I might pop in tomorrow or sunday depending on what’s going on. Today is the season finale of The Good place and I have no dvr lol but regardless it’s really nice of you to do multiple viewings!

NBC puts episodes up on their site the next day.

18 minutes ago, grudlian. said:

NBC puts episodes up on their site the next day.

I can’t wait that long, I will spoil it for myself. I have zero self control. 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, SaraK said:

I don't mind.  People have different schedules.  I was kind of glad no one came in for the second showing of Gigli.  I thought I could hack it but when Rabbit cut the stream I was relieved.  With The Rose it was great to watch it multiple times with different people.

bailing.  i'll try to find the movie on my own (busy on Fridays, not sure about Sunday)

• Like 2

omg everyone needs to watch Paul's episode of I'm Sorry this week asap 😂 

(make sure it's the explicit version on the Tru TV app)

F*ck.  I got caught up in life.  If anyone is still around I'll open the room right now.