🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 205.5 - Minisode 205.5

Is Cellular part of the Final Destination extended universe? The answer to this and more on this week’s minisode! Paul opens up the Explanation Hope Line, goes through Corrections and Omissions for Cellular, and share’s his Pick of the Week. Plus, find out next week’s movie!

Subscribe to Unspooled with Paul Scheer and Amy Nicholson here: http://www.earwolf.com/show/unspooled/

Check out our new website over at www.hdtgminfo.com!

Check out new HDTGM merch over at https://www.teepubli…wdidthisgetmade

Where to Find Jason, June & Paul:

@PaulScheer on Instagram & Twitter

@Junediane on IG and @MsJuneDiane on Twitter

Jason is still not on Twitter

Is it me or when Paul was addressing the question about why they put Kim Basinger in the attic, he seemed to be acting as if they were in her house.  They were at some random house that the cops were using at a hideout, right?

• Like 1

I just want to second the fact that Bill Macy is a true renaissance man. Not only is he a great actor, but he can write and direct as well. Also a very little known fact he is an amazing keyboard player as well. In fact in the early 80s before his acting really took off he was the keyboardist for the band Dog Police. Don't believe me just watch the music video for their titular song.

Is that William H Macy? No. Does it look like him? Kinda. Was this an excuse to get more people to watch this weird music video? Yes!

• Like 4

For the record, I think Paul is perfect for Cosmic Ghost Rider :)

Cosmic-Ghost-Rider-featured1.jpg?fit=100

• Like 2

So I'm gonna be drunk off my ass seeing Little Italy. Paul I blame you personally for my impending hangover.

Also would it be weird to order another cassata cake even though it isn't my birthday? I feel like truly celebrating my Italian heritage the best way I know how by shoving sweet sweet liqoure soaked sponge cake filled with a ricotta filling and covered in a heavenly whipped cream frosting . It's the one thing I look forward to all year. To go with the pizza obviously.

What's your  favorite Italian food everyone?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, gigi-tastic said:

So I'm gonna be drunk off my ass seeing Little Italy. Paul I blame you personally for my impending hangover.

Also would it be weird to order another cassata cake even though it isn't my birthday? I feel like truly celebrating my Italian heritage the best way I know how by shoving sweet sweet liqoure soaked sponge cake filled with a ricotta filling and covered in a heavenly whipped cream frosting . It's the one thing I look forward to all year. To go with the pizza obviously.

It would not be weird. As an Italian myself, I say CELEBRATE THAT HERITAGE, especially when cake is involved. As for dishes I love, I have always had a soft spot for tiramisu. My uncle is an astoundingly good chef, and he makes this stuffed calamari that is...

giphy.gif

And pizza. Obv.

And I must second Paul's Picks for comic writer Kelly Thompson. She is FANTASTIC. From picking up the reigns on Jessica Jones, to Kate Bishop Hawkeye, to West Coast Avengers to Jem and the Holograms, she has done SO MANY great books.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, gigi-tastic said:

There are so many great Italian foods.... this is really hard. There is no denying the greatness of pizza and pasta. However if I think Italian I think back to this restaurant I use to love going to and the dish I would get without fail were these stuffed gnocchi. I could eat them for days and never get tired.

3 hours ago, Quasar Sniffer said:

And I must second Paul's Picks for comic writer Kelly Thompson. She is FANTASTIC. From picking up the reigns on Jessica Jones, to Kate Bishop Hawkeye, to West Coast Avengers to Jem and the Holograms, she has done SO MANY great books.

I second this and for Ms Taylor Anne and all the other Gambit and Rouge shippers, she's currently writing Mr & Mrs X which is the ongoing adventures of the two.

• Like 3

I am already mad at this movie. It’s not set in THE Little Italy. It’s a Lake Placid situation. Argh.

also I agree Kelly Thompson is great.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Elektra Boogaloo said:

I am already mad at this movie. It’s not set in THE Little Italy. It’s a Lake Placid situation. Argh.

also I agree Kelly Thompson is great.

It was shot in Toronto and judging by the cops' uniforms, I think it's supposed to be set in Toronto's Little Italy.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Grand Moff Talkin' said:

It was shot in Toronto and judging by the cops' uniforms, I think it's supposed to be set in Toronto's Little Italy.

That is indeed the case. In the summer this was released, there was a great deal of publicity around Toronto to push this movie for its local flavour. I'm cringing in advance to have to see my city insulted in the way it inevitably will be.

• Like 2

Little Italy is mindblowing. Every minute there's something else to scream about.

• The fact that it's a Canadian Little Italy yet thick New York accents abound.
  • The Indian characters put there just for the cheap jokes.
  • Mr. Puzo buying pizza with "Mario" on his shirt. (Mario Puzo created The Godfather.)
  • "Special appearance by Jane Seymour" and you knew instantly this was gonna be a doozy.
  • The pizza tossing dad who clearly has never tossed pizza dough.
  • The pervy female cop came completely out of nowhere. It seemed like they were going for a Melissa McCarthy-esque thing.

It's all too much.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Aw Paul I love you too! I'm so glad you agreed with me that it's so weird that WHM doesn't recognize these cops lol!

T0Jt.gif

• Like 1

Well I decided to make my Italian friend watch this with me and boy did she have a lot to say lol.

• Like 2

Shocking turn of events - My Italian friend rated this higher than I did on Letterboxd! Not spoiling anything for the show I don't think but she gave 1 star for Alyssa as I did, 1 star for the Starbucks scenes, and 1 star for hiding wine in planters.

• Like 4