Episode 79 — Sloppy Lady Junk

10 replies to this topic

#1 Earwolf Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 12:02 AM

Tom Scharpling is the host of The Best Show on WFMU, the director of some of the best indie rock music videos, and perhaps a contender for best Sklarbro Country guest?! His sports knowledge (available for perusal at The Classical) and radio expertise make him the perfect contributor to conversations about Bubba Watson, Kevin Federline, and our new favorite athlete Tina Maze. With Rob Lowe in the news, we check in with his Brat Pack buddy Charlie Sheen who treats us to one of his always-welcome rants. This episode is sponsored by audible. Support Sklarbro Country and get a free audiobook at http://www.audiblepodcast.com/sklarbro.

#2 Julia Hays

Earwolf Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey native. New to Los Angeles.

Posted 27 January 2012 - 03:40 AM

Who's going to be the first Sklar super fan to Photoshop a book jacket for Into Twin Air: Narrated by Charlie Sheen?
I write inappropriate things on Twitter - @JuliaEveHays.

#3 Kyle O'Keefe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:16 AM

Tom wasn't on the best show this week. I guess this is where he was on the internet instead. Great show! !!Wheres mayor elect ziegler he must cast his opinion into the ring

#4 daveB from Oakland

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 11:20 AM

I agree with Kyle, if Tom comes on the show again, he should bring psycho Phillies/Eagles/Flyers fan Philly Boy Roy with him.
Chop off the "En", Chop off the "In"

Stop in!!

Glish Muff!!

#5 sweetjimmyt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 02:37 PM

If Tommy Wonderful does a K-Fed video, I want to see a Dukes/ Bandit mash-up. "Flash Vs. Fred." "Enos Vs. Junior." "Snowman Vs. Cooter." "Justice Vs. Hogg." It's endless.

#6 Roy Ziegler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 27 January 2012 - 08:53 PM

Tom Scharpling? That guy's a total dip munch.

Seriously though, great episode, so glad that the Sklars and Kid Jersey have finally joined forces. Would love to see the Sklars on The Best Show!

(obligatory Best Show plug: if anyone's looking to get into the show, I'd recommend starting with this episode from July 2009 wherein Tom and in-studio guest Paul F. Tompkins discuss the Gathering of the Juggalos: http://wfmu.org/flas...1&archive=54334 )

#7 ragnar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 28 January 2012 - 09:23 AM

i heard Tom uses a voice modulator

#8 Brandon Lee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationSimpsonville, SC

Posted 29 January 2012 - 12:15 AM

Love the show! Tom was a great guest. Went looking for that short story you mentioned, "The Delicate Sound of Thunder." Found out it's actually "A Sound of Thunder" by Ray Bradbury. Delicate Sound of Thunder is a Pink Floyd live album. Thought I'd mention it since I'm such a shameless smarty-pants.

Found a PDF of the story if anyone's interested: http://www.onebee.co...ay_Bradbury.pdf

Keep up the great work! Would love to see y'all down South sometime!

#9 Brandon Lee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationSimpsonville, SC

Posted 29 January 2012 - 12:32 AM

Also, Tom's Ke$ha video pitch--which was awesome--reminded me that this exists:

#10 Eckhard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 12:15 PM

The "Not your business" incident happend at the following race.

#11 andyf667

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 12:47 PM

"These Days" is by Jackson Browne. Covered by Nico (and Nitty Gritty Dirt Band, Eef Barzaley, Glen Campbell, etc.)
Enjoy your show....