99 replies to this topic

#1 Cyrus Ghahremani

Earwolf Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Locationfuck podcasts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 09:38 AM

You knew it was going to happen, and now you get to live it! Scott and Harris went to see Phish at Madison Square Garden and we have aural proof! Listen as Scott and Harris recount the night with clips recorded at the show and featuring Scott's concerned wife, Harris' crunchy friends, and more than a few random Phish Phans. Plus, we delve into a controversy regarding the personnel of this infamous jam band. Will the show continue? Does Scott like Phish? You'll have to listen to find out.

Posted Image
o.g. earwolf · producer of gelmania · singer and lead guitarist of hot karate

#2 Julia Hays

Earwolf Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey native. New to Los Angeles.

Posted 30 January 2012 - 09:48 AM

Imagining Scott in his puppy sweater holding a tape recorder and a Scotch gives me great joy.
I write inappropriate things on Twitter - @JuliaEveHays.

#3 andrewmarvell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 10:33 AM

I'm so glad I could listen to this at work today. Can't wait for the next one, whenever that may be.

#4 Zach

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 10:35 AM

You know, whenever I do mushrooms I feel more sober than when I'm sober.

#5 Ajfaruzzi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 10:45 AM

Too funny, Harris Whittel's cracked me up when he said this was like his version of It's a wonderfull life.

#6 Johnny

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 11:01 AM

i lovelovelove this podcast, but in listening to this, i just keep thinking JESUS HOW DO THESE PEOPLE HAVE SO MUCH MONEY? all these guys fly around the country and see phish 15 times a year?

i guess harris is getting that sweet tv writer money, but the way he talks about it, it sounds like he's been doing this for a while. i guess his parents must be loaded or something.

#7 Dustin Marshall

Audio Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationHollywood, CA

Posted 30 January 2012 - 11:24 AM

Pictures from NYE are now up on the show page!

--

You've been D-Dogged

#8 Michael Wo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 11:36 AM

This was amazing.

#9 fiber

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 12:10 PM

I've been excited to listen to this since Scott and Harris first talked about going to a show, and it totally didn't disappoint. Even if Scott didn't get trashed, this was still super funny and entertaining. One of the best episodes of a podcast I've ever heard, coming from a guy that doesn't care about Phish. I'm not sure where it can go from this (another concert, better drugs?) but I'm glad it isn't over!

#10 rachelpi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • LocationDSM, IA

Posted 30 January 2012 - 12:14 PM

I need a referral to Doctor Idiot.
Take the Magna Carta, and throw it in the garbage.

#11 Ben M

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 30 January 2012 - 12:17 PM

That is a remarkable amount of substances Harris and his crew mowed through, all just to "enjoy" 3.5 hours of music? This podcast does more harm than good for the name of Phish, and I love it.

#12 Phat B

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 12:39 PM

OK just browsed the photos, The sweater is definitely working against the power of the drugs. I think that may have been the sobriety in the ointment.

#13 EarBear

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 01:03 PM

That burger sounded hella good.

#14 NaylorBen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 30 January 2012 - 01:22 PM

The thing about Chris Kuroda - the lighting director is he's like the 5th member of the group, he goes on tour with them and everything, he's like a crucial part of the phish experience.

#15 Johnny

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 02:22 PM

View PostNaylorBen, on 30 January 2012 - 01:22 PM, said:

The thing about Chris Kuroda - the lighting director is he's like the 5th member of the group, he goes on tour with them and everything, he's like a crucial part of the phish experience.

that's a really interesting point, thanks for sharing

#16 ColonelForbin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 02:33 PM

Really? how much of this was a put-on? was Kulap REALLY that frightened? its a phish show, he wasn't going to Ozzfest or something. Its not like someone was going to freak out on acid and start stabbing people with a knife he snuck in.

#17 Vlad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 30 January 2012 - 02:38 PM

Everybody knows the only way to get Scott high is to pour sugar into his mouth with a lemon chaser, then spinning him several times into a beanbag chair.

#18 fourfingerguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 02:43 PM

View PostColonelForbin, on 30 January 2012 - 02:33 PM, said:

Really? how much of this was a put-on? was Kulap REALLY that frightened? its a phish show, he wasn't going to Ozzfest or something. Its not like someone was going to freak out on acid and start stabbing people with a knife he snuck in.

Having been to both, trust me, a Phish show is definitely something to be more worried about than Ozzfest.

#19 mwn

problem

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • LocationNH

Posted 30 January 2012 - 02:45 PM

He's been fat 47 times.

He's been fat 47 times.

#20 ColonelForbin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 02:49 PM

View Postfourfingerguy, on 30 January 2012 - 02:43 PM, said:

Having been to both, trust me, a Phish show is definitely something to be more worried about than Ozzfest.

Really? please do explain. Possibly just my ignorance with Ozzfest, but i would imagine that any show with a mosh pit is instantly more dangerous than a phish show. As someone who has been to numerous phish shows, the most dangerous things you have to worry about are heat exhaustion and being pegged in the back of the head with a glowstick.