🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
cyrus

Episode 8 — Analyze Phish Episode 4

You knew it was going to happen, and now you get to live it! Scott and Harris went to see Phish at Madison Square Garden and we have aural proof! Listen as Scott and Harris recount the night with clips recorded at the show and featuring Scott's concerned wife, Harris' crunchy friends, and more than a few random Phish Phans. Plus, we delve into a controversy regarding the personnel of this infamous jam band. Will the show continue? Does Scott like Phish? You'll have to listen to find out.

IMG_1059.jpg

Imagining Scott in his puppy sweater holding a tape recorder and a Scotch gives me great joy.

Too funny, Harris Whittel's cracked me up when he said this was like his version of It's a wonderfull life.

• Like 1

i lovelovelove this podcast, but in listening to this, i just keep thinking JESUS HOW DO THESE PEOPLE HAVE SO MUCH MONEY? all these guys fly around the country and see phish 15 times a year?

i guess harris is getting that sweet tv writer money, but the way he talks about it, it sounds like he's been doing this for a while. i guess his parents must be loaded or something.

• Like 1

I've been excited to listen to this since Scott and Harris first talked about going to a show, and it totally didn't disappoint. Even if Scott didn't get trashed, this was still super funny and entertaining. One of the best episodes of a podcast I've ever heard, coming from a guy that doesn't care about Phish. I'm not sure where it can go from this (another concert, better drugs?) but I'm glad it isn't over!

• Like 1

That is a remarkable amount of substances Harris and his crew mowed through, all just to "enjoy" 3.5 hours of music? This podcast does more harm than good for the name of Phish, and I love it.

• Like 1

OK just browsed the photos, The sweater is definitely working against the power of the drugs. I think that may have been the sobriety in the ointment.

The thing about Chris Kuroda - the lighting director is he's like the 5th member of the group, he goes on tour with them and everything, he's like a crucial part of the phish experience.

• Like 9

The thing about Chris Kuroda - the lighting director is he's like the 5th member of the group, he goes on tour with them and everything, he's like a crucial part of the phish experience.

that's a really interesting point, thanks for sharing

Really? how much of this was a put-on? was Kulap REALLY that frightened? its a phish show, he wasn't going to Ozzfest or something. Its not like someone was going to freak out on acid and start stabbing people with a knife he snuck in.

Everybody knows the only way to get Scott high is to pour sugar into his mouth with a lemon chaser, then spinning him several times into a beanbag chair.

• Like 3

Really? how much of this was a put-on? was Kulap REALLY that frightened? its a phish show, he wasn't going to Ozzfest or something. Its not like someone was going to freak out on acid and start stabbing people with a knife he snuck in.

Having been to both, trust me, a Phish show is definitely something to be more worried about than Ozzfest.

He's been fat 47 times.

He's been fat 47 times.

• Like 2

Having been to both, trust me, a Phish show is definitely something to be more worried about than Ozzfest.

Really? please do explain. Possibly just my ignorance with Ozzfest, but i would imagine that any show with a mosh pit is instantly more dangerous than a phish show. As someone who has been to numerous phish shows, the most dangerous things you have to worry about are heat exhaustion and being pegged in the back of the head with a glowstick.

Really? please do explain. Possibly just my ignorance with Ozzfest, but i would imagine that any show with a mosh pit is instantly more dangerous than a phish show. As someone who has been to numerous phish shows, the most dangerous things you have to worry about are heat exhaustion and being pegged in the back of the head with a glowstick.

There's more drug related deaths than mosh pit related deaths.

There's more drug related deaths than mosh pit related deaths.

I guess, but drugs are a personal thing, I mean, they said Scott would do drugs as a joke. In fact the whole thing was probably a joke. No one forced Scott to do drugs. Also, i would say the doing drugs at a phish show thing is an overstatement. But you say that like people dont do drugs at other shows.

You can avoid moshpits at an Ozzfest if that's what you want. At a Phish show you cannot avoid the crazies, especially if your experience is similar to Scott's where you try to keep an open mind. You might get your ass kicked if you wander into a mosh pit, but that pales in comparison to what might happen after some dude sticks his finger in your mouth.

You can avoid moshpits at an Ozzfest if that's what you want. At a Phish show you cannot avoid the crazies, especially if your experience is similar to Scott's where you try to keep an open mind. You might get your ass kicked if you wander into a mosh pit, but that pales in comparison to what might happen after some dude sticks his finger in your mouth.

EVERYONE AT PHISH SHOWS RUNS AROUND DOSING EACH OTHER.

You can avoid drugs at phish shows. Scott's experience is not the average, he could have turned down drugs, he just didn't. Its not like old school Grateful Dead shows in the 70s where people run around with squirt guns full of acid and spray people. I've seen phish 5 times, and 4 of those times i wasnt under the influence of anything more than alcohol. I've never had a stranger 'stick their finger in my mouth', and i've never been unwittingly dosed with some substance that i didn't know what it was. Once again, scott went into this saying HE WANTED to get fucked up. That's why he did a bunch of drugs, its not like a tab of acid comes with the ticket and they watch you drop it at the door. There are no 'crazies' at phish shows who run around doing crazy shit. They wear costumes and maybe act a little weird, but its not like they run around giving people drugs who dont ask for them.

EVERYONE AT PHISH SHOWS RUNS AROUND DOSING EACH OTHER.

You can avoid drugs at phish shows. Scott's experience is not the average, he could have turned down drugs, he just didn't. Its not like old school Grateful Dead shows in the 70s where people run around with squirt guns full of acid and spray people. I've seen phish 5 times, and 4 of those times i wasnt under the influence of anything more than alcohol. I've never had a stranger 'stick their finger in my mouth', and i've never been unwittingly dosed with some substance that i didn't know what it was. Once again, scott went into this saying HE WANTED to get fucked up. That's why he did a bunch of drugs, its not like a tab of acid comes with the ticket and they watch you drop it at the door. There are no 'crazies' at phish shows who run around doing crazy shit. They wear costumes and maybe act a little weird, but its not like they run around giving people drugs who dont ask for them.

Your assessment is correct.

Sign in to follow this