🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
cyrus

Episode 8 — Analyze Phish Episode 4

I'm a huge fan of the Analyze Phish podcast. I was so looking forward to this one, and it didn't disappoint. I too had to resist busting out laughing on the subway while listening. Dangerous stuff, guys!

The whole episode reminded me so much of when I was a young raver in the early 90's. The "pregame", drug comparison/shopping/ingesting, and the show being as much about the good vibes of the crowd as the music. And of course many critics at the time said you couldn't enjoy that early rave music without being high. So while there's zero chance of me ever being a Phish fan, I can completely relate to both sides of the story.

I'm actually kind of glad Scott didn't get too wasted at the show. Scott, if you're reading, get some good ecstasy, take it at home with your wife, maybe a couple of close friends, and your favorite music on the stereo. You won't regret it.

this may have been the funniest earwolf podcast to date - which is saying a lot. i also had to control my laughter at work but once i got home, i let it all out. my favorite part was easily "does anyone want any coconut water?" i loved scott's commentary mixed with harris' life realizations.

• Like 1

This could be podcast of the year. I feel like Scott and Whittels have a great comedic chemistry (Is that a thing?) and could probably go anywhere and make a podcast and I would laugh my faceoff. I still think it's Whittel's pure shame in listening to this back that makes the podcast.

fucking magical. Kill this podcast now, you'll never capture that again. Or maybe only 2 or 3 more times.

You forgot to tell us whether you ever got out of the Maze. C'mon, bros wanna knows.

• Like 4

Really enjoyed this episode. Maybe next time you guys shouldn't announce to everyone that Scott is going to the show so that way maybe not so many people keep staring at him to see if he is having a good time and it can be a little more of an organic experience. But keep the microphone on because those clips you played were hilarious. This episode makes me excited for a concert I will be going to in about a month with a group of friends. Will definitely be listening to this episode again before the show. I almost want to bring a microphone with me just to hear some of the stuff people are saying throughout the show. (And, like Harris, I won't remember a lot of the night as well)

I joined the forum just to say the following:

Fuck Chris Kuroda. In terms of being the 5th member of Phish, the only guy who is deserving of the title is clearly Paul Languedoc. Sure he retired in '09, but for 20 plus years he was the sound guy and made the guitars Trey and Mike have used throughout the band's entire run. His unique contribution contribution to Phish's immensely versatile sound is immmeasurable, and he also toured around with the band and hung out with them and stuff.

• Like 1

how can scott have dropped 3 beans and all 3 were bunk? that is absolutely unacceptable.

next time scott should forget about E and just take some liquid acid. also, its important to take a full dose. half doses of anything just make you feel annoyed.

phoxy the lawyer drawring! https://twitter.com/...207711297355776

I want to draw more attention to this, because it is awesome.

Such a great podcast! I love how Scott slipped a little moral into the whole thing at 60:25ish, reminding us that if we go into any situation with an open mind we might just learn a lot about life and a little about ourselves (I paraphrase).

• Like 1

This was amazing, loved the recordings pre, during and post gig. One of my favourite earwolf podcasts of all time - so much hilarity "i'm about to drop my bean" "Best night of my life scott!". Would love to hear more Phish adventures. Lets hope scott never changes his mind about Phish

Before listening to the first episode of this podcast, it seemed like a silly idea that might not go anywhere. Thanks for proving that notion wrong. Over and over again. Adam Scott's addition was great. I like the idea of outsiders trying to convince Scott that Phish makes listenable music.

Thanks for making 93 minutes go by at work with a breeze. This was hilarious!

• Like 1

This podcast was such a great idea. Like many others here I was kinda excited to listen to this episode. It was totally like a little audio movie, so hilarious when Scott Aukerman pointed out that "this is the point in the movie the character hits rock bottom". This also gave me a great taste of what a Phish concert would be like. Excellent distraction from my data entry job! : D Thank you so much for putting this (and all Earwolf productions) out for us people with boring lives.

This episode, top to bottom. was fascinating. It had suspense, laughter, revelations, awesome characters, one liners...wow! Loved it. Loved everything about it.

This made my 2 hour bus ride home, recovering from food poisoning, absolutely fly by!

Well done. Well fucking done.

Superb episode gents, you are two of the sunshines of my life.

• Like 2

Also, I'm from Florida, but really, 1/3 of your drugs are bunk? Sheesh. Maybe one out of every 10 times here, and that's a stretch.

Yeah, agreed. You guys need new dealers.

i appreciate Scott's openness to indulge in recreational activities, as well as, the live commentary. it was crucial that he experience Live Phish. you guys hit it right on the head when you talk about re-listening to a song or a snippet of the recording transports you right back to the experience. that, to me, is an important factor in being a fan and following them around. it is clear Scott was caught up in the love and energy that is a good show. it was indeed the best of the run. whether you continue to like Phish or not, Scott, this experience will always be there and when it comes up during convos with other fans that feeling of "i am having fun!" will come rushing back. btw kuroda is indeed the 5th member, w/o him the experience would lack in a major way. he makes sacrifices! i hope you guys understand the importance of this podcast and how much it means to number of fans both of earwolf and phish.

Ok, there is still one thing I'm confused about. Is Chris Karoda considered the 5th member of the band? No one really said for sure.

• Like 1

longtime listener, first time forumssignerupperandposter.

i dont know how to explain why i love harris so much. but just reading people type out things like "best night of my life scott" and im instantly transported back to the podcast and hearing it with his voice and timing. for some reason it all makes sense to me. kind of like a phish show i assume.

little moments like that, or "shes our little miracle" from the CBB episode have me giddy every time i see harris is on the show.

I listened to this one again today. I don't think I'll ever get sick of it.

"Would anybody like coconut water?"

• Like 1

I thought the episode was hilarious but was upset that it focused mainly on drugs instead of the music. While drugs are often a part of the Phish experience they aren't necessary or sufficient in order to enjoy a show.

I would love to hear a follow-up where Harris plays selections from the show for Scott. Hopefully (assuming Scott was listening to the music and not just worrying about drugs and the people around him) it will trigger some sort of positive (or negative) memories from the show and will better help him decide whether or not he likes Phish (as opposed to bunk drugs).

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this