🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
admin

Episode 142 — Popcorn.com

Have you seen Tim & Eric's Billion Dollar Movie yet? We'll you'll be clamoring to see it after this in-depth interview with the titular Tim Heidecker and Eric Wareheim. They reveal all the deets about making a movie for "The Big S" and share with us the "Four Quarters of Success" that have brought them so much fame. Plus we have first time guest Dr. Brauner who teaches us an important lesson about generosity and togetherness as well as personal hygiene. And yes, all you Tim and Eric diehards, you WILL get to hear their beloved "Mike & The Dope" characters, so pop some corn and enjoy the podcast!

gickr.com_a6d29e1c-8a78-0ae4-159b-bd0c538479b0.gif

• Like 1

I've always chosen to heed the advice of medical professionals, so I'll be sure to bathe myself in dying dead pig, rather than the terrible, soapy alternative. Thanks, doctor!

• Like 1

I was just thinking to myself over the weekend how I hadn't heard them on a podcast together. Damn mind readers.

prediction....episode of the year and I know its still January. Can't wait to watch the movie!

I have listened to almost all of the episodes and this was one of the best ever. Best Moment: The outgoing cue of what am I thinking. I had to re-listen twice just to see how everything completely deteriorated. TWO HONORARIUMS!!!! I was crying from laughter. My entire week is set now. ALSO..... The analyze Phish episode was amazing. completely amazing. I haven't heard anything so inivative since Marc Maron visited the creationism museum.

Thanks again!!

• Like 1

All you spring dingers out there or anyone else hasn't heard of Dr. Bronner should probably take an hour and read one of his bottles of soap before listening to this episode. ALL-ONE OR NONE! ALL ONE! ALL ONE!

kmG3E.jpg

• Like 6

I felt the Adomian character was a little too abrasive for a Tim and Eric episode. I didn't feel like it was a good mix, there needed to be something more low key for them to be weird to like a Bob Ducca or Harris.

Did anyone make a ringtone, as mentioned in this episode, that she/he'd be willing to share? :)

I understand that Adomian was probably trying out a new character, but I think he missed a golden opportunity by not playing Mike Rizzo at Dream Management. I was waiting the entire time for him to talk insane shop with his two clients. There was a marked shift in pace and energy when Dr. Bronner began -- it was very funny, but riffing with Tim & Eric in a situation like that is something few people can say they've done.

I felt the Adomian character was a little too abrasive for a Tim and Eric episode. I didn't feel like it was a good mix, there needed to be something more low key for them to be weird to like a Bob Ducca or Harris.

Adomian's characters have been abrasive for his last few appearances.

Adomian's characters have been abrasive for his last few appearances.

ok but it still wasn't a good mix. way too much screaming and blaring of the audio once his character comes in. I love Tim and Eric (especially the Jim and Derrick episode) and I think Adomian can be hilarious (Jesse Ventura w/ Ice-Tea was legendary), I just felt it was a misfire.

• Like 1

Adomian can be a funny dude, but he needed to back off a little. Tim & Eric riffing for the first 25 minutes had me in stitches, then after 15 minutes of Adomian my ears couldn't take it. James Adomian is solid, don't get me wrong, but he's much better when the main guest is less of a Tim & Eric-caliber act.

I kinda got the feeling that Tim (and to a lesser extent Eric) are hard to improvise with. They didn't really give anything back to Adomian's character. The character WAS pretty annoying, but mostly because he kept repeating the same thing since he wasn't given much to go on from the other guests. I don't know if it's their "thing" to redirect the conversation to something completely different than what's being discussed, but I definitely felt that way listening to this. Tim and Eric are hilarious by themselves. I get the feeling that's the way they like it. WHY SO RONERY?

• Like 3

A great follow-up to the infamous Tim Sans Eric episode #102.... really makes me want to give soap a try one of these days.

"DdooOOOOOOIIIIIP!"

I thought James Adomian was great - the problem was, nobody was engaging with his character. I love Tim and Eric and I thought they were hilarious in this podcast, but I'm disappointed in them for being so self involved that they just kind of brushed Adomian off and the only time they really acknowledged him was to complain about his character being too loud.

• Like 1