🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
admin

Episode 142 — Popcorn.com

Jesus Christ people. And I thought I was a self-important asshole who gave unsolicited opinions too freely. Didn't realize so many people had taken Charna Halpern's "Improv Podcasting Analysis 398" course.

I'm not a Jesus Christ person, myself, but where would you rather we give unsolicited opinions about this podcast? Should we all convene in the Amazon reviews for Van Halen's "Balance" and talk about Comedy Bang Bang there?

And -- unsolicited? This is the forum set up by Comedy Bang Bang in which to discuss Comedy Bang Bang. How in God's name (Jesus Christ people might have some valuable input here) is anything in this forum unsolicited?

If you don't want to participate in a conversation about what we liked and didn't like about the podcast, you can always feel free to not read this forum. If you have something intelligent to contribute to the conversation, by all means, jump in. But telling us we don't have the right to express an opinion in a forum created exclusively for us to express our opinions is hilariously inane.

• Like 3

@ Sarah

It was all in good fun, Tim always does the "wrong side of the bed" personality to evoke a tense situation. I think it's funny, but anyone who doesn't watch their show probably thinks they're just being jerks. There's a reason the first half of the podcast went so well and the last half was amazingly uncomfortable. In a great way.

This was a very funny goof, and a spoof.

Adomanian was awesome. Tim seemed like a baby and couldn't play along with what this podcast is all about. Or was he...

I think the fact that so many people had problems with this ep proves that the weird attitudes Tim and Eric often chain themselves to didn't result in a great ep. Those guys are very funny, but this one didn't work out as well it would have if they'd have broken away from their own characters and attempted to go with this show's flow. Their dumb, ugly or awkward nightmare aesthetic is something they have no doubt mastered but probably works better in short doses than it does in the long hour+ form of podcasting.

I do think the 102 Tim ep works better as a concept, and like this ep Tim is basically playing a character himself the entire time. But once again he constantly goes for creating an awkward moment than for actually saying something funny. He is great at both, I just wish he'd give us more of the later.

There was actually something in the news about Dr. Bronner so I tweeted @Scott and @James futility hoping it would trigger the character reappearing. I do think he deserves another chance to be on, and have someone more willing to play along as the main guest.

That said, James does get a little too strong on some episodes, but I don't blame him for trying on this one.

Anyways, I still like this one. :P

I still have the My Popcorn Now app. I love hitting that big red button that just says "NOW" and getting popcorn wherever I happen to be.

• Like 2