🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 587 - No Relation

Maya Erskine and Anna Konkle, stars and creators of PEN15 join Scott to talk about their show in 8 words or less, slushies, and the Family Feud hosts. Then, publicist Seth Berkowitz stops by to talk about representing MoviePass. Plus, Perry Gordon, mogul and CEO of Motorville Records drops by to talk about some of his ‘60s hits.

• Like 1

Hehe, I love the pic of Maya, a split second before getting freaked the fuck out by Photographer Matt 😀

IMG_7822.jpg

• Like 2

Maya is humbly downplaying the fact that her dad is one of the greatest modern jazz drummers of the past 40 years. In fact, when Scott introduced her, I was like, "Huh, someone else has that last name." Nope, same family.

• Like 2

The guests brought up Steely Dan and the call sheet unprompted, so this has to be one of Scott's favorite episodes of all time.

• Like 3

One of my favourites of the year so far. Actually said 'holy shit' out loud when Maya said her Dad drummed with Steely Dan! 

Bring back Dan Lippert a lot please! He and Drew Tarver are super funny.

• Like 1

Loved the first half! But Dan Lippert did too much to prompt Ronnie. It made me feel awkward, like Dan felt like he had to help, or speak on behalf of Ronnie. For me, the show is best when characters have an open-ended opportunity to create their story. Dan's improvisation during Ronnie's segment overstepped that boundary in my opinion.