🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Henry

Sinbad of the Seven Seas

HOW HAVE I GONE THOUGH LIFE WITHOUT KNOWING ABOUT THIS FILM UNTIL THIS DAY!?!

First off, bravo Search Function for working! Though - of course - this thread was result 5 of 5, so... keep at it, buddy ;)

But yes, this movie! Oh my God, this movie! I found out about this while randomly looking for clips of, "The 7th Voyage of Sinbad" on Youtube (I wanted to see the Ray Harryhausen Skeleton fight). But I would much rather watch this thing instead!

I mean, Lou Ferigno as Sinbad the Sailor? A cast of no-name, random, foreign actors for all other roles (It's just, like, an italian movie that MGM modified for US release, right?). Incredibly bad and obvious dubbed voiceover work all around? Crazy cheesy set pieces and 80's fantasy adventure action? Horrible direction all around? A beginning title scroll over a picture of Edgar Allen Poe? There's an island of Amazons! Characters with names like, "Poochie the Dwarf"? An absolutely baffling musical score? Seriously - that music... listen to it in the scene below...

Heck, the movie - the whole thing - being on Youtube, lemme just show some of it off. This amazingly weird sequence where Lou Ferigno is just flexing to escape his cardboard chains. It's in super slow motion, accompanied by the finest Casio Keyboard music, and lovingly shot just so you can see his muscles... ladies ;)

It's mostly time-stamped, to the beginning of this fight scene:

http://youtu.be/j414LNl52DM?t=22m46s

lol. Power Rangers had grittier, more elaborate fight scenes than this. With better direction.

And hey, for the fellas, they're not left out in the cold. Because the female lead Alina here is her:

youtube-j414LNl52DM1.png

This amazing movie is too obscure and needs more attention! I definitely would love to hear HDTGM tackle it!

Okay, my last reply, I swear! Just a few screens - a preview of the greatness that awaits anyone who wants to check this out. These are all from the same movie; this not a grab-bag of screens from various sci-fi and/or fantasy adventures in the 80's like Krull and Dragonslayer and Legend. Nope, this is all one movie, made by some crazy Italians!

youtube-j414LNl52DM1-1.png

youtube-j414LNl52DM7.png

youtube-j414LNl52DM5.png

youtube-j414LNl52DM4.png

youtube-j414LNl52DM.png

youtube-j414LNl52DM3.png

youtube-j414LNl52DM9.png

youtube-j414LNl52DM6.png

youtube-j414LNl52DM8.png

youtube-j414LNl52DM2.png

TOP NOTCH SPECIAL FX AT EVERY TURN, PEOPLE! They don't make 'em like this anymore, that's for sure!

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this