🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 29 — Trespass

2011 was a great year for Nic Cage. He made Season of the Witch, Drive Angry, and this week's selection, Trespass. It broke the record for shortest time between theatrical premiere and DVD release, and if you watched it I think you know why. We invited Rachael Harris to join us for a discussion of this widely despised Schumacher thriller. If this episode left you wanting more, be sure to come to How Did This Get Made? LIVE at Largo on February 7th for a discussion of Birdemic: Shock and Terror!

• Like 1

I do hope someone dubs those looney toon sound effects in a short cut of this movie on youtube.

• Like 2

I'm already putting this on my list of possible Halloween costumes, if only just so I can yell at people for no reason.

Trespass.jpg

• Like 1

I'm already putting this on my list of possible Halloween costumes, if only just so I can yell at people for no reason.

Trespass.jpg

I'll be Nicole Kidman, I'm awesome at not moving my face and screaming "ruuuuuuun just ruuuuuuunnn".

• Like 1

Argh! Nobody mentioned how the daughter sped up the car, unbuckled the druggie chick, wrapped her convertible around a street sign, and the druggie did NOT get ejected from the car nor did any air bag deploy. And the daughter just brushes herself off and walks away!

• Like 1

Argh! Nobody mentioned how the daughter sped up the car, unbuckled the druggie chick, wrapped her convertible around a street sign, and the druggie did NOT get ejected from the car nor did any air bag deploy. And the daughter just brushes herself off and walks away!

not only that, but they didn't mention that they set that crash up earlier in the movie. there's a part where they're driving to the party and the dumbass driving almost drives into the pole that the daughter later crashes into, which was absolutely baffling at the time and i find hilarious in restrospect. they set up everything in this movie... except the psychotic brother

• Like 1

One thing I want to point out about this movie that wasn't mentioned in the podcast.... this movie starts off with like, 50 guys ramsacking their way into a mansion with guns. Lots of big guns, loaded for a fucking war with Ubeki-beki-bek-stan-stan. But for some reason, they NEVER fire their fucking guns. There are like 7 scenes in the first 30 mins or so where the bandits force their guns into Nicole Kidman's head or in Nic Cage's face shouting "Im gunna do it!!! I'm gunna do it!!!" and then doing nothing. It takes like half the damn movie before SOMEONE shoots a gun, and they shot Nic Cage in the leg.

Soooo drawn out, the artificial tension bled itself out after the second "I'm gunna kill you!" scene.... at that point, I WANTED someone to get shot.

Downloaded this movie without watching the movie, after Scheer's opening lines "hostages being held hostage by hostages, and nobody is telling the truth" Instantly paused the episode, got the moive and watched it. It did not disappoint.

Nic Cage blows my mind

please tell me you're recording something from Live Birdemic with Weird Al. that's too many good things in one place, and it must be shared with the world.

drewmkordik, i love the use of the Doug theme song. haha

i can't get bold to go away (?)

• Like 1

The best (worst) home invasion movie is "The Dark, Dark Hours," starring Ronald Reagan and James Dean. I like to think that this kind of hilarity is what Cage was aiming for with Trespass. Just replace the beatniks with crackheads, and there it is.

Loved this episode. Jason's soaking wet joke set just the right tone.

Took a stab at the trailer re-dub. Let me know what ya think!

http://vimeo.com/36003624

The use of the Doug theme song is really excellent. Way to take on the challenge Drew!

The joke that Rachael was referencing about plastic surgery is Dana Gould, not Paul F. Tompkins.

Also I saw this little gem today.

john-travolta-tshirt.jpg

OOf. I decided to watch Trespass last night even though I knew I probably shouldn't have. I honestly think if I hadn't read through the wikipedia page and listened to this episode first, I wouldn't have caught any of the big "twists"

It was just too hard to pay attention! I didn't care about anyone at all. I noticed during several of the bad guy monologues that I hadn't been listening for even a second.

This one wasn't even fun to watch... But the episode was good! I think sometimes it really is better to just let the gang tell me about the movies, some are just too painful.

OOf. I decided to watch Trespass last night even though I knew I probably shouldn't have. I honestly think if I hadn't read through the wikipedia page and listened to this episode first, I wouldn't have caught any of the big "twists"

It was just too hard to pay attention! I didn't care about anyone at all. I noticed during several of the bad guy monologues that I hadn't been listening for even a second.

This one wasn't even fun to watch... But the episode was good! I think sometimes it really is better to just let the gang tell me about the movies, some are just too painful.

NO!!!! NO!!! NO!!! NO!!!!!!!!

I'm sure someone has suggested this already, but the next T-shirt needs to involve "Are you cartooning me?"

• Like 1

One thing that wasn't mentioned which I thought was so obvious was:

At the beginning, the bad guys ask for the alarm code, and they are told it's 7465. When the main bad guy goes to enter it, he says "7-4-6-5" as he's pressing the buttons, but he presses 7-4-6-6! It's such an obvious mistake!

He already knew the alarm code was 7466. And he knew 7465 would call the police or whatevs.

He already knew the alarm code was 7466. And he knew 7465 would call the police or whatevs.

Which in retrospect is a really dumb way to set up your alarm. If you are sleepy one night and the alarm goes off by mistake and you rush to deactivate it, you can end up summoning the police by mistake.

I think it should be said that the reason this movie only made $24,000 is that it only opend in 10 theaters in the America. I think someone at the studio must have smelled a flop and were afraid to give it a wide release, or there was some bad blood and the studio just dumped this into theaters out of a contratual agreement.

Actually, the film that has the shortest run in the theatres is the film Hatchet II (2010). It was released in theatres (I believe that this is in Canada) and within 2 days the distributors agreed that it needed to have an NC-17 rating and pulled it from the theatres before the weekend was over. Then it went straight to vdeo a few months later.

Long story short, Hatchet II sucks.

Sign in to follow this