🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
ZachCoty

My thoughts while midway through the show months after its ended

I am on day 1 of Original Content. I started this show on the first week, but I was without internet for a while so I couldn't listen live. I decided to go through it because I've become a fan of Totally Laime and I got curious. I'm making this topic because of what Matt is saying during the opening of this episode. I think that The Earwolf Challenge was a very successful experiment but definitely a learning process for everyone. I absolutely think a season 2 should be done sometime after Totally Laime's one year contract is up. I think the structure of the show could be polished and tightened up, which you guys are talking about in my headphones right now, and I think this show was definitely interesting and entertaining enough to earn a second season.

Also, I'm wondering (and forgive me if this has been talked about, I haven't really browsed the forum) what will happen at the end of Totally Laime's contract. I personally will continue to listen whether or not they stay with Earwolf, but returning to defend their title could be interesting for season 2 of the Challenge. I also kind of think it would be silly for Earwolf to let go of a successful show, so maybe instead they could return to be directly involved with a specific challenge or something completely new or whatever.

Anyway, I'm enjoying the show and I hope we see more of it.

I think TL should pass off a golden condenser mic to the next winner.

Hello Earwolf!

I've been slowly making my way through your catalogue and thoroughly enjoying myself. And today I just finished the Earwolf Challenge series. I enjoyed it so much. As an amateur performance artist and fervent admirer/practitioner of goof, I really appreciated Matt's in-depth critiques; they are lessons for all performers. I live in Ashland, Oregon, and I'm currently working with a director on creating an improvisational clown character that I can take into public spaces to perform with, as well as doing some other theatre/music performance stuff in the area, after a hiatus of 20 years; the Earwolf Challenge was a great encouragement and instruction for me. I continue to listen to Comedy Bang Bang in particular for inspiration as well as pure enjoyment, and I'm so happy I found you all.

Thanks to Matt Besser and everyone else involved in the process of the creation of this reality podcast competition. I hope that you do it again. It was funny, absorbing and very informative about the craft of comedy.

Thanks, and please keep up the great work, Earwolf.

Daniel

• Like 2

I'm Listening to this right now! The forums are no longer hot with discussion! I really have a strong dislike for Totally Laime and i can't figure why. The girls voice is annoying to me but everyone else seems into it so obviously i'm wrong. I can't argue about them being in the final though cause quite frankly i thought the rest were really shit except for maybe Left handed radio. For me the aussies should have won but i guess i'll listen to the final episodes and see how if i agree with their reasons. Matt besser does have a weird monotone voice too, You kinda get used to it though.

Some things for season 2 if it happens, The coaching would be boring as fuck if Matt Besser didn't kinda save it by being funny, Maybe bring the guests in on the coaching, Or edit it real short. Also harsher judging, The judges are too soft when something is fucking shit they should really lay into it. Plus the contestants are whiny little bitches they always try and pass the blame to either Matt, or Jeff for the instructions. Tell them to cut that stuff out. Be harsher in general.

I'm Listening to this right now! The forums are no longer hot with discussion! I really have a strong dislike for Totally Laime and i can't figure why. The girls voice is annoying to me but everyone else seems into it so obviously i'm wrong.

Personally, I am looking forward to September 2012. I really started disliking them when they won the time cruch challenge by splaying defloweration stories like a couple of podcasting whores when the other two teams had legit entertaining offerings. Also, if I hear Elizibeth BRAAAAG about her dead parents one... more... time.

Sign in to follow this