🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Cinco DeNio

Musical Mondays Week 61 Preview (Quasar Sniffer’s 4th Pick)

Just now, taylorannephoto said:

Yes, but that's basically the same function as "Open Room," which I never had the same issues as you did where it wouldn't let me start something until someone else was there. I was able to do whatever I wanted if that room was opened. And as I mentioned above, if you do that from the front page it is automatically public and always public, but I will screenshot the places I mean where we can get private videos.

Here are screenshots for what I am talking about.  If I select Web to view something on Amazon I have to log in to Amazon via Rabb.it's browser.  I can't be in on Amazon in a separate tab and then share the tab.

tHEJxnt.jpg

UcQZKHZ.jpg

2 minutes ago, Cinco DeNio said:

Here are screenshots for what I am talking about.  If I select Web to view something on Amazon I have to log in to Amazon via Rabb.it's browser.  I can't be in on Amazon in a separate tab and then share the tab.

tHEJxnt.jpg

UcQZKHZ.jpg

....yeah so I've never been able to just share a tab in my own browser if it wasn't through Rabbit first so Idk what you mean there either, but you did get to the spot I was referring to. I've only tested out sending the direct link to my friends but once I did that it remembered their accounts so I can just click on that group again and they can be automatically invited I think.

4 minutes ago, taylorannephoto said:

....yeah so I've never been able to just share a tab in my own browser if it wasn't through Rabbit first so Idk what you mean there either, but you did get to the spot I was referring to. I've only tested out sending the direct link to my friends but once I did that it remembered their accounts so I can just click on that group again and they can be automatically invited I think.

OK.  We're in agreement then.  I just don't know of a spot where I can add friends ahead of time to a group.  It's only when they click on the link that they get added.  I think they can request entry from the link but I'm not sure.  I will do a trial run tonight at 9 p.m. of my alternate MM pick (my pick after the upcoming one).  If people would just click the link to be added it would be helpful.  You don't have to stay and watch.

7 minutes ago, taylorannephoto said:

Yeah, I think I made a “HDTGM Classics” group or something and it worked fine.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Cinco DeNio said:

Agreed.  I looked at it and it's only videos available on Facebook.

I wanted to get back to this only to say that my "Nah" was to giving out my Facebook lol. That's a big no from me no matter what the status is lol.

3 minutes ago, Cameron H. said:

Yeah, I think I made a “HDTGM Classics” group or something and it worked fine.

Maybe we can get together some time and you can walk me through how you did it.  I know how to create groups.  I know how to share video.  I just don't know how to add friends and to open a room without using the Explore & Watch button.

When was the plan to do this then? Friday? That was the day we were going to watch Superman 3, but if everyone wants, I guess we could do a showing of this and hold Superman for next month. 

10 minutes ago, Cameron H. said:

When was the plan to do this then? Friday? That was the day we were going to watch Superman 3, but if everyone wants, I guess we could do a showing of this and hold Superman for next month. 

It's just been brought to my attention that Supes isn't available to rent right now, so maybe this is the way to go.

6 minutes ago, Cameron H. said:

It's just been brought to my attention that Supes isn't available to rent right now, so maybe this is the way to go.

It's just been brought to your attention that Supes IS available to rent if you have a Vudu account or can use iTunes.

https://www.vudu.com/content/movies/details/Superman-3/9468

https://itunes.apple.com/us/movie/superman-iii/id543868668

34 minutes ago, Cinco DeNio said:

It's just been brought to your attention that Supes IS available to rent if you have a Vudu account or can use iTunes.

https://www.vudu.com/content/movies/details/Superman-3/9468

https://itunes.apple.com/us/movie/superman-iii/id543868668

I don't know if Vudu works. I know iTunes does not.

Also, I've looked ahead, and we have a lot of unavailable movies coming up (at least, as far as Amazon is concerned.) Twilight Breaking Dawn: Part One is the next one up that we could rent (although, I own it ☺️, Although, I'm not sure if on a Rabbitable platform.), but I'm not sure how fun that one will be. It's super-duper long and kind of slow. The next, what I think, viable movie would be Cool as Ice since we'll probably save Jingle All the Way for next December. It's kind of a shame too. I don't really mind missing a re-watch of Tresspass, I was looking forward to seeing Catwoman again. :(   

37 minutes ago, Cameron H. said:

I don't know if Vudu works. I know iTunes does not.

Also, I've looked ahead, and we have a lot of unavailable movies coming up (at least, as far as Amazon is concerned.) Twilight Breaking Dawn: Part One is the next one up that we could rent (although, I own it ☺️, Although, I'm not sure if on a Rabbitable platform.), but I'm not sure how fun that one will be. It's super-duper long and kind of slow. The next, what I think, viable movie would be Cool as Ice since we'll probably save Jingle All the Way for next December. It's kind of a shame too. I don't really mind missing a re-watch of Tresspass, I was looking forward to seeing Catwoman again. :(   

All of the Twilight movies are on Amazon Prime rn. I still haven't seen Part 2.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, taylorannephoto said:

All of the Twilight movies are on Amazon Prime rn. I still haven't seen Part 2.

Part 2 is pretty good. I just binged them all a few months ago. It’s up to the group if you want to do it. It’s not one I would recommend (due to length) but it’s really up to the entire group.

1 minute ago, Cameron H. said:

Part 2 is pretty good. I just binged them all a few months ago. It’s up to the group if you want to do it. It’s not one I would recommend (due to length) but it’s really up to the entire group.

I think I would definitely rather watch Part 2 with everyone cause I watched Part 1 when Doug Benson did an interruption of it during SF Sketchfest, and that's probably the best way to watch a grown man fall in immediate love with a baby lmao.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, taylorannephoto said:

I think I would definitely rather watch Part 2 with everyone cause I watched Part 1 when Doug Benson did an interruption of it during SF Sketchfest, and that's probably the best way to watch a grown man fall in immediate love with a baby lmao.

Part 2 has a good balance of watchability and insanity. Part One is a lot of wedding planning, chess playing, and debates about abortion.

Part 2 is much better.

• Like 1

I just want to jump on the rabbit complaint train. The is some weird formatting that cuts off the edges of the chat so I miss the first/last few characters of everyone's responses. I sent a help request to rabbit and they never responded. I've tried resizing every window and it never fixes it. I can still mostly read everything but it's annoying since their old format seemed to work just fine.

Are we talking about Breaking Dawn for this week or for next month?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, grudlian. said:

IAre we talking about Breaking Dawn for this week or for next month?

I think that’s what we’re trying to figure out. Do you want to do Long Dumb Road instead of our normal “classic” or do we want to watch Long Dumb Road on our own and watch our classic - whatever that turns out to be?

My rabbit complaint was the chat wouldn’t automatically scroll as you guys would post. I’ve never had an issue before the update. So, I would feel like you guys were being quiet or something then realize I needed to manually scroll down. It made it really difficult to keep up.

3 minutes ago, Cameron H. said:

I think that’s what we’re trying to figure out. Do you want to do Long Dumb Road instead of our normal “classic” or do we want to watch Long Dumb Road on our own and watch our classic - whatever that turns out to be?

My rabbit complaint was the chat wouldn’t automatically scroll as you guys would post. I’ve never had an issue before the update. So, I would feel like you guys were being quiet or something then realize I needed to manually scroll down. It made it really difficult to keep up.

I won't be able to attend this rabbit show. So, it doesn't matter to me. If we're doing Twilight next month, I'm going to at least try to watch the first three between now and then.

1 hour ago, grudlian. said:

I won't be able to attend this rabbit show. So, it doesn't matter to me. If we're doing Twilight next month, I'm going to at least try to watch the first three between now and then.

Same. I've never seen a Twilight film but if we're going to discuss, I'm going to want more notice to watch the earlier ones too

• Like 1

Okay, so I guess the choice is: Long Dumb Road in lieu of Cool as Ice or in addition to (I.e. one on Friday one on Saturday)?

16 minutes ago, Cameron H. said:

Okay, so I guess the choice is: Long Dumb Road in lieu of Cool as Ice or in addition to (I.e. one on Friday one on Saturday)?

Wait what happened to Supes 3? That's the one I was planning on for Friday.

3 minutes ago, taylorannephoto said:

Wait what happened to Supes 3? That's the one I was planning on for Friday.

Supes isn’t available to rent. Well, Cinco said it’s available on Vudu, but I’m not sure if that’s rabbit compatible.

• Like 1

Hmmm we could call Cool As Ice our musical one and Long Dumb Road can be the Classic. 

Me, I'm not sure I can make both days for a Rabbit but am planning to watch Long Dumb Road on my own.

2 minutes ago, AlmostAGhost said:

Hmmm we could call Cool As Ice our musical one and Long Dumb Road can be the Classic. 

Me, I'm not sure I can make both days for a Rabbit but am planning to watch Long Dumb Road on my own.

Yeah, I won’t be able to make two. I’m just trying to figure out what’s happening. :) 

47 minutes ago, Cameron H. said:

Is Saturday an option?

I've never seen Cool As Ice and I can make it on Saturday if there is a willing host. If not, no big deal.