๐Ÿ”’ The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ร—

The movie is based on a video game that lets you adjust the jigglyness of womens boobs. DOA is up there with Mario brothers in crap movies. And the last 15 - 20 minutes is freaking nuts

Yeah they made a movie about boobs and volleyball boring! It doesn't stand to reason but they manged it.

Wow. This movie....wire fights. Little to no backstory, or plot, or reality. Mostly just cleavage, blatant green screen, and a soundtrack of only club electronica. Actually it may have just been one song. The only thought I had the entire movie, was "WTF?"

Good game but bad movie.

And for the record I mean the fighting game itself was good and not the horrible volleyball spinoff.

I would have to disagree. I think this movie is perfect. It's really enjoyable to watch, I found myself laughing out loud at many parts. And, though the plot and characters themselves are tiresome, the action scenes are awesome! Everything is ultra-stylized and over-the-top like the game. There are definitely a lot of WTF moments, in fact the whole movie is a WTF moment! But this movie is perfect material for the podcast. I highly recommend it, and get it on Blu-ray!

Bad movie doesn't mean unenjoyable movie. Paul, June, and Jason have enjoyed some of the movies they've talked about. I think the point of the show is to showcase the bad, but still watchable movies. Or in the very least movies you can talk over with friends making catty comments.

ย 

Bad movie doesn't mean unenjoyable movie. Paul, June, and Jason have enjoyed some of the movies they've talked about. I think the point of the show is to showcase the bad, but still watchable movies. Or in the very least movies you can talk over with friends making catty comments.

This movie is that and more!

This one is a total guilty pleasure movie for me. It's totally stupid, got lots of lovely ladies, is bright and garrish, a ton of goofy action...I know it's crap but I can't resist!

YES! After listening to this podcast for the first time, D.O.A popped into my head instantly! This film needs to be discussed HDTGM. I guarantee you will not be disappointed. Every word of spoken dialogue is begging to be criticized. PLEASE GUYS! love you june.

I remember watching this, but don't remember anything about it, other than it was pretty crap but had a kind of interesting look (kinda reminded me of some Japanese movies like Yatterman, where things just kind of weirdly visually pop.)

ย 

So I'm rewatching this and it really is a way dumber Mortal Kombat, except with crappy wire-fu, crappy beach volleyball, extra crappy plot, lots of crappy sound effects, lots of crappy special effect shots, and lots of stupidly forced panty shots.

ย 

I like how all these people just take for granted a big ass shuriken arrives and stabs into their motorcycles, hang gliders and stuff, and is like 'oh yeah, the DOA thing, of course.'

ย 

The tournament structure doesnt really work, because when it comes down to just the 3 main girls and the random ninja guy, theres plenty of other fighters that should still be in it (that max guy won his fight with random Bison wannabe, and since hes still there when it shows its down to the 4, he should still be in the tournament)

ย 

Also holy crap those glasses are the dumbest thing ever, I thought the point was to download their fighting prowess into that guy and download it into his mind...but no, he just gets like a little video predicting what the person hes fighting might do, and that somehow makes him invincible.

ย 

lol, and holy shit, he's just gonna sell the tech to random evil bad people to make crappy super soldiers, like the mad scientist from Batman and Robin.

ย 

LOL, and the guy is going to bring the CIA in by...calling someone he knows and has prepped to storm in? Using a radio to contact some CIA assets which might have already been investigating? nope...just going to the CIA website and using their 'contact us' form. Which of course his computer system is already way ahead of him on, because the bad guy gets a prompt that the CIA has been alerted like its a big deal.

• Like 1

HA, there's beach volleyball in this movie?! That's SURPRISINGLY loyal to the franchise, sadly.

ย 

Sadly, and bonerifically.

DOA: Dead or Alive is an awesomely horrible movie based on yet another fighting video game franchise. After listening to the Mortal Combat podcast this week, it made me wonder why they haven't done this one yet. I will say, this movie at least has some semblance of a plot, and real characters though which already makes it better than Mortal Combat, but other than that, I think there's quite a bit of material for Paul, Jason, and June to build a show off of.

ย 

Here's the trailer...

. The full movie used to be available on youtube, but it looks like it's been taken down.

ย 

Has anyone else seen this movie and think it's HDTGM worthy??

Yes, they should do this movie eventually but, I.M.H.O., not right away... I wouldn't

want June to feel tortured after all she went trough with Mortal Kombat.

ย 

I'm really serious... Just reveling to her that this is also based on a video game could upset her big time... ;)

ย 

ย 

ย 

P.S.: I can't stop thinking about Paul, June And Jason dissecting this scene...

ย 

ย 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrQiFwrFJfY

I finally signed up and joined the forums just to suggest this movie, and had it been suggested, to throw my completely inconsequential weight behind it. They're not Street Fighters, they're Beach Fighters. Incoherent, video-game based, and Eric Roberts. What's not to cringe at?

ย 

ย 

Seriously - this is a gloriously bad movie... Eric Roberts' master plan involves creating super kung fu sunglasses. What more do you need?

Aw man... has anyone seen the Dead or Alive movie? It's so good/bad. I only just found out about it this morning and snuck the first 15 minutes of it in at work and it's dynamite.

ย 

It genuinely feels like the script was written by a ten year old. Just incredible. Some comedies fail to come up with such funny dialogue.

ย 

Within the first ten minutes you get a shinobi princess who jumps off of a sword, over like a 50 ft wall - the other side of which appears to be a 10,000ft drop, she just uses her dress to glide and somehow catches an invite to the fighting tournament mid air... bearing in mind... she wasn't expecting one - and, I have no idea how whoever threw it guessed that she'd be in that approximate area of the sky at that particular time.

ย 

and there's a scene where (former popstar) Holly Willoughby does a Basic Instinct moment, but then asks someone to pass her her bra, kicks the guy out of the guys hand beats everyone in the room up while her bra and the gun are flying through the air, then puts her hands up - through the bra and catches the gun.

ย 

Honestly, just watch this movie.

Aw man... has anyone seen the Dead or Alive movie? It's so good/bad. I only just found out about it this morning and snuck the first 15 minutes of it in at work and it's dynamite.

ย 

It genuinely feels like the script was written by a ten year old. Just incredible. Some comedies fail to come up with such funny dialogue.

ย 

Within the first ten minutes you get a shinobi princess who jumps off of a sword, over like a 50 ft wall - the other side of which appears to be a 10,000ft drop, she just uses her dress to glide and somehow catches an invite to the fighting tournament mid air... bearing in mind... she wasn't expecting one - and, I have no idea how whoever threw it guessed that she'd be in that approximate area of the sky at that particular time.

ย 

and there's a scene where (former popstar) Holly Willoughby does a Basic Instinct moment, but then asks someone to pass her her bra, kicks the guy out of the guys hand beats everyone in the room up while her bra and the gun are flying through the air, then puts her hands up - through the bra and catches the gun.

ย 

Honestly, just watch this movie.

ย 

Wait a minute?! The Holly Willoughby, the wholesome UK breakfast TV show presenter usually found talking about fashion tips or "ladies" problems?!!

It's been years since I posted about this movie and I just wanted to bring it back. Please watch this NEXT-LEVEL BONKERS movie. For the above reasons and more. I'm watching it again and losing my mind every few moments.