🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Cameron H.

Musical Mondays Week 63 Preview (kateacola’s 4th pick)

Sorry I've been MIA in the forums : ( 

I have missed y'all and being in the discussions

Let me think of a pick real quick!

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, kateacola said:

Sorry I've been MIA in the forums : ( 

I have missed y'all and being in the discussions

Let me think of a pick real quick!

We've missed you too! I hope everything is going well with you :) 

• Like 2

Panic pick, but have wanted to watch the original and think it's on Amazon Prime/streaming right now..

A Star is Born (1937)

And I'm sure we can definitely discuss/compare the remakes (especially the latest one)

image.png

• Like 8

32 minutes ago, Cameron H. said:

We've missed you too! I hope everything is going well with you :) 

I've been good! Lot of changes and been a bit hectic but all good things :) hope everyone's been doing well

• Like 5

Oooh I'm not sure if this one counts as a musical or not? I know the remakes are for sure, I'm not sure how musical this one is lol

• Like 2

1 minute ago, kateacola said:

Oooh I'm not sure if this one counts as a musical or not? I know the remakes are for sure, I'm not sure how musical this one is lol

We did The Long Dumb Road a few weeks ago so I’d say we’re pretty flexible :P 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, kateacola said:

If I know this group we're all gonna end up watching every version anyway lol.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, taylorannephoto said:

100% I was already like, “Here’s my chance...”

• Like 4

Just now, Cameron H. said:

100% I was already like, “Here’s my chance...”

I am 90% sure the Streissand version is on Prime too, but do you know if the Judy Garland one is? I'm too lazy to sign into my account at work lol.

11 minutes ago, taylorannephoto said:

I am 90% sure the Streissand version is on Prime too, but do you know if the Judy Garland one is? I'm too lazy to sign into my account at work lol.

Unfortunately neither of them are :( 

7 minutes ago, Cameron H. said:

Unfortunately neither of them are :( 

UGH! Of course it was a couple of months ago whenever I last checked and even thought, "I should watch this soon now that I know the story."

THIS ALWAYS HAPPENSSSSSS

• Like 3

1 hour ago, taylorannephoto said:

yep. though now i also have to watch all the Twilights too so this 'series' may suffer. i'll def watch the 1937 one tho.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kateacola said:

Panic pick, but have wanted to watch the original and think it's on Amazon Prime/streaming right now..

A Star is Born (1937)

And I'm sure we can definitely discuss/compare the remakes (especially the latest one)

image.png

The happy squeal that came out of me right now! I've wanted to see this version for forever. Can't wait! 

Also welcome back!

• Like 5

2 hours ago, taylorannephoto said:

I could only watch the Streisand version with you guys. I never get past 20 minutes in. It's just so ... 70's and not Judy Garland. I love me some Bab's but I want to make everyone shower in this movie.

• Like 3

Good news, everybody!

I own the Judy Garland one, so lmk if anyone wants me to rabbit it for them later. 

• Like 6

Yooo! I'm still too busy with life to keep up proper, but I wanted to share that I finally got off my lazy bum (I mean... not really, I'm in a chair) and updated my Musical Mondays spreadsheet so it's current!

~Click Here~

I couldn't find the thread where tomspanks picked Flower Drum Song (if there is one), but everything else is there.

I'll be back in next round for my turn. I think I'll have time and I have an idea of what I want to pick.

• Like 6

I’m always so glad when the gang’s all here! 

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, JammerLea said:

Yooo! I'm still too busy with life to keep up proper, but I wanted to share that I finally got off my lazy bum (I mean... not really, I'm in a chair) and updated my Musical Mondays spreadsheet so it's current!

~Click Here~

I couldn't find the thread where tomspanks picked Flower Drum Song (if there is one), but everything else is there.

I'll be back in next round for my turn. I think I'll have time and I have an idea of what I want to pick.

Nope, there wasn’t a thread. I was robbed 😭

• Like 4

1 minute ago, tomspanks said:

Nope, there wasn’t a thread. I was robbed 😭

That was when Christmas fucked me over and made me fuck everyone else over too.

• Like 3

ooh! I've actually already seen the original one and really liked it. It (and maybe the Judy Garland version) might be available when the Criterion Channel launches in 6 days. Not that I'm counting down....

• Like 2

This 1937 one isn't a musical at all! but it's definitely making me want to watch the later more musical ones