🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
EvRobert

Quest for Camelot (1998)

I know the crew doesn't dip their toes into children's animated movies very often (ever?) but I think this is ripe to be done. 

A) It was supposed to launch Warner Brother's Animated Feature Films division
B ) Had an amazing voice over cast (Carey Ewles, Eric Idle, Don Rickles, Gary Oldman, Jane Seymor, Pierce Brosnan, Gabriel Byrne, Sir John Gielgud)
C) Musical performances from Celine Dion, Andrea Bocelli, Steve Perry, Bryan White, LeeAnn Rimes and original score from Patrick Doyle (Branagh's Henry V, Hamlet, Harry Potter and the Goblet of fire. One of the songs is on the AFI List of 100 Greatest songs from films, said song also WON a Golden Globe and was nominated for an Academy Award.
D) Based on an acclaimed novel and it bears no resemblance to it
E) Faced with all sorts of demands and delays
F) It's BATSHIT INSANE and Bad
G) WB Animated lost almost 40 MILLION dollars on this
H) A friend of mine who has the worst taste in movies ever loves this film :D 

I have to say if the crew ever dips their toes into animated movies this, Rodney Dangerfield, and Rock A Doodle are all solid options.

• Like 1

It rips off so many Disney tropes at the time that it's really shocking. The main female character looks just like Belle. There's a fantastical sidekick that makes countless pop culture references. Dead parent. Totally wastes an amazing voice cast. Gary Oldman is forced to say the line "The ogre's butt." That alone is worth induction.