🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Cameron H.

Musical Mondays Week 64 Preview (JammerLea’s 4th Pick)

Oh ho, I was awaiting this day~

I was going to pick something different, but then a post on twitter reminded me of this film, and I couldn't get it out of my head.

Soo, I hope you're ready for

dyok2e.jpg

It's been a while since I first saw this, so I'm excited to revisit it. I saw the tail end of the Cage version on TV the other day and it just got me more excited lol

• Like 4

I've been meaning to watch this for a bit! Cool. I watched the Cage one for HDTGM but never the original. 

Is it a musical?

13 minutes ago, AlmostAGhost said:

I've been meaning to watch this for a bit! Cool. I watched the Cage one for HDTGM but never the original. 

Is it a musical?

I'm not sure if it's officially considered a musical, but I would say it can count as a musical lol

• Like 3

This is one of my all-time favorite horror films, and an all-out legend in cult and British Cinema. Love this movie! And while not a traditional musical, music does play a pivotal role in... not the plot, per se, but in the overall sensory experience of the film. It's a movie about the endurance of dark, long-forgotten (or so we thought) traditions colliding with the modern world. A fantastic pick!

• Like 4

This movie also served as inspiration for the cover for classic album Souls at Zero by avant-garde metal legends Neurosis. Incidentally, when designing this particular cover, the band discovered it would actually be cheaper to build their own Wicker Man rather than pay the copyright fees they would incur by using an image from the film. So that's what they did. They built their own pagan idol!

220px-SoulsAtZero.jpeg

• Like 2