🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 41 — Magic

Slight-of-hand, illusions, the occult, what does it all mean? It's magic, and our guest this week is a master of it. Derek Hughes joins us on Professor Blastoff to share SOME of the secrets of the trade (no, he won't explain his tricks) from apprenticeships to dealing with skeptics. Perhaps he'll make a believer out of you!

Vietnam Fart story made me cry and convulse with laughter. I may need to go to the doctor. Thanks, guys!

• Like 3

Vietnam Fart story made me cry and convulse with laughter. I may need to go to the doctor. Thanks, guys!

again this podcast proves my point that farts and farting are and will always be funny!

"We could play soccer with Old Lefty" Kyle slays me.

Am I the only one who loves David's gentleman laugh?

• Like 2

Bite the head off a crawfish and squeeze your Zydeco accordion to the SWAMP ROCK!

Punch an alligator and ride your airboat to a Cajun hootenanny and SWAMP ROCK!

Drain the bayou and make some gumbo and shrimp jambalaya and SWAMP ROCK!

Do a card trick on a podcast and describe the action... and SWAMP ROCK!

Loved the episode. More Spanish! The dog in not in us! More riddles!

At one point David said something was "nuts" and the group did not respond. Just saying.

Love you all so much!!

• Like 1

Swamp Rock seems to be getting darker as it matures, like a tween goth applying black nail polish for the 1st time

At one point David said something was "nuts" and the group did not respond. Just saying.

I too was expecting a WHAT'S NUTS segment there. You could hear the excitement in David's voice when he was saying it, which made me ask out loud what was nuts--unfortunately I was in the landromat next to someone and they didn't have a suitable answer.

So glad there's an episode pretty much about Criss Angel Mindfreak, cos I watched one episode of that show and it had my FAVOURITE MAGIC TRICK EVER!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVosmZk8eDo

THAT GIRL JUST GOT MINDFUCKED

WTF??? That was probably one of the most retarded things I have ever seen!

WTF??? That was probably one of the most retarded things I have ever seen!

LOL!!!! I gotta agree with Barry on this one. I hope and pray to GOD Tom was being sarcastic. lol. Oh my god, that concept was so ridiculous. After watching that, I want to blow my brains out.

Cannot believe someone mentioned Chung Ling Soo! I presented a paper on Chinese Yellowface Magic at a conference at Yale a few years ago. Soo featured prominently in my research. A number of magicians have died during the bullet-catching trick (surprise, surprise). My fav is the guy who was killed by flying shards from his magic wand. Doesn't every gay male in America want to go out that way? The magican had used the wand to cram the ammunition into the gun, and the wand broke. When the gun fired, the splinters came at 'em full force. Anyway - there was a huge fad for awhile in the late 19th and early 20th century for white men to put on yellow makeup and pretend they were Chinese. I could go on - but I'll stop and say it's a fascinating topic and reflection of culture and gender at the time.

Sign in to follow this