🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 62.5 — 2/10/12 TWO CHARTED

Are you ready for a double shot of Ku-ku and Wie-wie? In this first ever episode of Two Charted, Howard and Kulap share their personal charts where you'll learn about their favorite topics of the week especially made for Two Charted! Thank Ku for listening and keep coming back!

Yyyeeees! The lady and I are extremely excited to hear this on the way to work today. Plus, it's nice to have another Friday podcast. There's not that many.

This is great! Wie-Wie and Ku-Ku playing it fast and loose on Friday! And music that people actually care about!

Nice to see this pop up in my RSS feed - can't wait, two charted is an awesome name

When you were talking about 80's/early 90's Cage there were two movies that I really think needed a mention: Raising Arizona and Red Rock West.

I kind of miss the days of Nick Cage movies that weren't bat-shit insane. Of course then maybe he would never have done Kick-Ass and my life would be much worse for it.

p.s. Two Charted is the peanut butter to Who Charted's chocolate.

HOORAY for Two Charted!

A lot of sequels make more money after the first movie finds a new audience on home video. I know that the 2nd Austin Powers made more $$ opening weekend than the first did altogether.

don't forget Cage was in Valley Girl as a guy from the wrong side of the tracks (and his chest hairs shaved into a "V")

and howie, don't be hatin' on motorbikes... without my moto, i'd be stuck in traffic trying to get from OC to UCB, Largo, etc. and never get to any shows.

Don't forget; people also see movies through rental, or a buddy who buys the DVD, or a thousand other ways. Just because people didn't see the original film in theaters doesn't mean they didn't see it, and some of those people will come back for the sequel.

EDIT: And I got dragged to Paranormal Activity 2 by my girlfriend. I've still never seen the first one.

I LOVE THIS.

And I'm no B.O. expert, but I'm pretty sure it is common for sequels to make more than the originals unless they are complete flops. Some people just wanna see popular shit, and will go to anything with enough hype. And DVDs like the guy above said too, prolly.

twwooooooooooo Charteeeeeeeeeddddddddddddddddddddddddddd! Love it!

Guys, I am loving Two Charted, which is not a surprise, of course, considering how much I already enjoy the show!

Being a comics guy, I did want to address Howard's Ghost Rider assumption, in that I want to claim Ghost Rider definitely has his fans.

When I discovered my dad's comic book collection at the age of 9, his 70's Ghost Rider comics immediately caught my eye. The character is visually striking. I moved on to other heroes like Daredevil and X-Men after that when I started spending money on comics, but Ghost Rider still resonates, and of course has had crossovers with other characters, as superheroes are wont to do. He's had titular books published since his inception to now, and it's a challenge to keep a book in print, especially today.

Considering how many superhero films that are out there these days, and considering how many superheroes there are across Marvel's and DC's multiple universes, it's safe to say that any Marvel or DC superhero that has gotten his or her own movie is fairly popular in the comics world, and Hollywood feels they can sell it to the public masses. Your Green Lanterns, your Daredevils, etc. They've been around for a while, and are well known in comics (whether their movies are good is up for debate. I personally have not enjoyed Green Lantern, Daredevil, or the first Ghost Rider. Note- DD & GR were both directed by Mark Steven Johnson).

Ghost Rider is getting plenty of attention these days between the Crank 2 guys directing the sequel and the unfortunate news of Ghost Rider's creator getting slammed with a $17,000 bill by Marvel/Disney.

http://ohdannyboy.bl...lc-et-al-v.html

Two Charted? carried me through a very boring Friday at work - Thanks guys!

Kulap, you should check out Shoot Em Up for another crazy mid-sex fight scene.

Howard, any chance on punk bands / songs making it into your charts?

• Like 1

i wonder if i should be concerned that i'm listening to Howard and Kulap too much...last night, as soon as i heard Wie-Wie say "never gonna happen", the first thing that came to my mind was En Vogue, and then they started singing it...i nearly crashed my car! (well, it was also snowing)

and i agree with the other commenters who mentioned DVD sales and a movie's growing popularity after its theatre run as contributing to higher box office numbers for sequels.

keep up the great work guys! over the past couple of months Who Charted has become the favourite podcast at my workplace!

Yes! Twice a week is nice (a week)! I doubled my monthly donation since you've doubled your weekly output. I love it!

I'm so glad everyone is enjoying the double dose of WC. And thanks to Michael for doubling your donation, we all appreciate it!

Hey Engineering Team, tell me, is it possible to lift the little KuKu giggle out of this episode and put that in the permanent mix of the song? It fits so perfectly.

*hee hee hee, hee hee hee!*

Beaten to mentioning Shoot Em Up, so I'll just reiterate it's a fantastic winkingly-dumb action movie. If you haven't laughed out loud several times in the first 5 minutes, I don't know what to tell you.

Also, Kulap's episode on Mental Illness Happy Hour is required listening y'all.

I just wanted to echo how awesomely amazing Raising Arizona is. I feel like an old Jewish mother lamenting on how Nick Cage is breaking my heart with the way he does the movies with the plot holes and such and such, now. You wanna give ya motha an early death, Nicky? Is THAT it? CAUSE THAT'S WHAT YOU'RE DOING, NICKY! You'RE KILLIN YA MOTHA!

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this