🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Elektra Boogaloo

John Wick 3

Anyone seen John Wick 3 yet? I have tickets for Sunday.

And remember, don't touch Jason.

• Like 2

I just saw it and it was FUCKING AMAZING, easily some of the best fight scenes in the series, which somehow top the insanity of past films while still not coming off as cartoonish. Another plus is that they really improved on the humor used which works surprisingly well.

• Like 1

It was a fucking fantastic film. Best fights scenes I've seen in a long long time. I did almost cheer in the theater when Mantzoukas appears on screen the first time. Geostorm nearly came out of my lips.

The only thing I had issue with the film was a slight continuity error involving the marker John has, because at the end of JW 2 he is handed his marker from Winston with an urging to use it to help himself, but in the opening act of JW 3, he picks it up from a hiding place that he has. That and an unintentionally funny moment where there's about a couple minute run of Halle Berry in the gunfight in the trailer, and in the course of the time, she fires her pistol, with an assumed clip of 10-12 bullets at most, literally 35 times without reloading. I started wondering if she forgot to do so, or they shot the whole run thinking that they were going to clip around it with some of Wick's scenes to create the assumption that she was reloading when we didn't see her.

I enjoyed it! I had seen the last two at my friend's house, so it was fun to see this one in a crowded theater with audience reactions. I always love a group 'oh!' when something surprising happens (the one that sticks out is after they realize the High Table's armor is too good and they upgrade their weapons to the shotguns, immediately blowing that guy's head off. Whole audience reacted to that one!) I did think Halle Berry was going to be in more of it, but I enjoyed her nonetheless. All good dogs in the film. 

• Like 1

I would like to know how Halle Berry trained her dogs to bite men in the dick.

...for a friend.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Elektra Boogaloo said:

I would like to know how Halle Berry trained her dogs to bite men in the dick.

...for a friend.

Simple just use a laser pointer like so:

Then once a muscle memory and command is in place, slowly remove the pointer.

Also I love at how much they've expanded the roles of Lance Reddick and Ian McShane over the last two films, especially Reddick who most people don't realize can be really funny. I have to assume that he just submitted this video as his audition tape and that was all they needed.

• Like 3

I love Lance Reddick. I thought he was great. I mean he's always great. But there was one scene of him fighting where his hands were shaking.

There should be awards for amazing performances in ridiculous movies.

• Like 2

I love that they announced John Wick 4 as soon as the opening box office earnings were announced. May 21, 2021 can't come soon enough.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Elektra Boogaloo said:

I love Lance Reddick. I thought he was great. I mean he's always great. But there was one scene of him fighting where his hands were shaking.

There should be awards for amazing performances in ridiculous movies.

100% I was so glad there was more of him in this one. He's such a delight! 

We saw this yesterday, and it was fun, especially to see Jason. I gotta say as a moviegoer, I couldn't care less about the mythology of John Wick, its weird currency system and honor code. I feel like at this point that stuff is getting in the way of the only good thing about these movies, which is seeing Keanu kill everyone on screen with a bullet to the chest and one to the head.

I did appreciate that unlike Skyscraper, JW3's version of the Enter The Dragon mirror room added some new (and cool) elements to that much-imitated scene.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this