🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
DaltonMaltz

Episode 28 - Bob Newhart

Stand-up comedian and actor Bob Newhart feels anxious about being Conan O’Brien’s friend.

Bob sits down with Conan to share stories about meeting Don Rickles for the first time, sitting in for Johnny Carson on The Tonight Show, leaping from accounting to showbusiness, beautiful moments from The Bob Newhart Show, the danger of cynicism in comedy, and Chicago values. Plus, Conan responds to a listener voicemail about an award that was named after him.

Conan, "the real money is doing stuff for kid cause they have a hard time tracking you down, I'm a terrible person".

Bob, "and they're too sick". 

😂🤣😂🤣😂

• Like 2

CONAF is a great podcast, but this episode stands out as phenomenal.  Bob was on fire and when Sona says it was the best day of her life—I believed it. Thanks for the laughs!

Astonishingly funny & stellar episode - listened to it almost three times in a row. There have been other great episodes--Tim Olyphant and Jeff Goldblum among them--but the Newhart one is out of this world, and so for the first time felt I absolutely needed to leave a comment. If Conan were lucky enough to get to eighty years old, these moments would rank among the highlights of his life. Such timeless quality--and with moments of absolute laugh-out-loud humor.

• Like 1

This was incredibly funny!  I just about did a spit take when Bob Newhart said "and they're too sick...".

Even the ads are funny.  I just love it when Sona says "Are you firing me in an ad?!?"  combining hurt and chagrin and scolding.

Sign in to follow this