đź”’ The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... Ă—
Arctic_Tern

How quickly do tickets normally sell out?

Good afternoon everybody!

I was just wondering, for the live shows about how quickly do tickets sell out? I'm trying to get a group together to go see the Richmond show and I'm trying to figure out how much time I have to get all the threads together. The tickets go on sale this Friday. Thank you for your help!

Arctic_Tern

I’ve never been, but from what I understand, they tend to sell out real quick (to the point they don’t announce their local shows because they sell out almost immediately*). I would think a show in Richmond, where - to my knowledge - they’ve never played before, will go real quick.

Good luck! Jealous :) 

*Correction: they announce them but don’t send out the newsletter for them.

They are very quick. When I went, tickets were still available after a half hour I think but there were technical issues with the site. I would plan to be at your computer the second the go on sale.

3 hours ago, Cameron H. said:

I’ve never been, but from what I understand, they tend to sell out real quick (to the point they don’t announce their local shows because they sell out almost immediately*). I would think a show in Richmond, where - to my knowledge - they’ve never played before, will go real quick.

Good luck! Jealous :) 

*Correction: they announce them but don’t send out the newsletter for them.

4 hours ago, Arctic_Tern said:

Good afternoon everybody!

I was just wondering, for the live shows about how quickly do tickets sell out? I'm trying to get a group together to go see the Richmond show and I'm trying to figure out how much time I have to get all the threads together. The tickets go on sale this Friday. Thank you for your help!

Arctic_Tern

Oh, they’re coming to Richmond? Are they finally doing something here in the South?

*Clicks link*

HOLY SHITTAKE MUSHROOMS, THEY’RE COMING 90 MINUTES AWAY FROM ME IN DURHAM!

*Sets an alert to buy tickets as soon as they are available*

• Like 2

I still don’t quite understand what pre-sale is, but I got my tickets!

Helped a lot that even the most casual HDTGM fan already knows what the offer code is.

I tried getting tickets to the Berkeley show as it's the closest one to me and it looks sold out already, and because I can't bring a cell phone into the prison where I work for some reason, I had no way of getting onto the ticketmaster site as it' s blocked on my work computer. Damn grownup job with all its rules.

10 hours ago, RyanSz said:

I tried getting tickets to the Berkeley show as it's the closest one to me and it looks sold out already, and because I can't bring a cell phone into the prison where I work for some reason, I had no way of getting onto the ticketmaster site as it' s blocked on my work computer. Damn grownup job with all its rules.

I just bought tickets to the Berkeley show! Not sold out yet!

• Like 1

I was able to get into the Berkeley show, but tickets did appear to go fast. The only ones I could get were way up in the balcony and I logged on within the first hour of pre-sale.

Could be that more will get released over time.

13 hours ago, KatieGrace said:

I just bought tickets to the Berkeley show! Not sold out yet!

That was weird as hell because it finally showed up today for me and I was able to get it. I see the show is listed at running from 7-9, assuming they add another show to the night how far in advance do they list tickets for that?

They just announced some additional shows for Seattle and Chicago. Time for me to start working on that Gewby t-shirt design

2 hours ago, i'll hold the mike said:

They just announced some additional shows for Seattle and Chicago. Time for me to start working on that Gewby t-shirt design

Oh I'm definitely wearing my HDTGM Battle of the Bands shirt.

I've got two floor seats to the Wiltern show in LA on 7/12 - can't make the trip, LiveNation won't let me resell them, so I thought I'd see if anyone here wants them. 

FWIW, tickets for the Durham sale went on pre-sale on 6/5 and “don’t even need the obvious offer code” kind of general public sale about three days later, and they’re not yet fully sold out. So I guess they don’t sell out that quickly for the shows outside of LA and maybe NY.

Durham got to about 4/5ths sold out before they opened up an entire additional balcony level and started selling tickets there a week or two ago. The show is now two weeks off.

On 6/5/2019 at 8:03 AM, CaptainAmazing said:

Saw this and thought “Jason won’t get to hold a baby in Durham.”

9A32DEBC-294D-4DB7-9D4B-C2C66B2A79FC.png

Whelp, there were actually at least two babies in the show, although Jason didn’t actually hold either one.