🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
SlidePocket

Musical Mondays Week 68 Preview (SlidePocket's 3rd Pick)

Ha! Sorry! Polly asked to be taken out of the rotation for a bit. I’m going to get an updated rotation out soon (maybe tomorrow). That means it’s actually your turn Slide :) 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cameron H. said:

That means it’s actually your turn Slide :) 

I will try and make my decision tomorrow.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Cameron H. said:

Ha! Sorry! Polly asked to be taken out of the rotation for a bit. I’m going to get an updated rotation out soon (maybe tomorrow). That means it’s actually your turn Slide :) 

Wouldn't that make it triple’s turn after Polly? 🤔

• Like 1

My next pick for this series is a film that I own on VHS but never got around into watching the whole thing! Now I'm righting that wrong as the movie will be:

Dance with Me (1998) starring Vanessa Williams!

• Like 4

Well, folks, I'm back.  The foot is 99% healed and things are starting to turn around.  I've missed you and look forward to sharing movies and conversation again.  The BIG news is I'm flying to Wales this fall!  My BFF lives there and it's our 50th birthdays this year so I'm going to mark the occasions with him.  The trip coincides with the halfway point between our birthdays so celebrating won't lean too much in one direction or the other.  Only staying a week this time but will do a bigger trip later.  (I have friends in Scotland and Bulgaria and have a standing invite to visit them.  MY BFF says if I go to Bulgaria I go alone. 🤣)

• Like 7

Just now, SlidePocket said:

My next pick for this series is a film that I own on VHS but never got around into watching the whole thing! Now I'm righting that wrong as the movie will be:

[spoilers]Dance with Me (1998) starring Vanessa Williams![/spoilers]

You had me at 1990's Vanessa Williams.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Cinco DeNio said:

You had me at 1990's Vanessa Williams.

Same!! Honestly you had me at Vanessa Williams period

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cinco DeNio said:

Well, folks, I'm back.  The foot is 99% healed and things are starting to turn around.  I've missed you and look forward to sharing movies and conversation again.  The BIG news is I'm flying to Wales this fall!  My BFF lives there and it's our 50th birthdays this year so I'm going to mark the occasions with him.  The trip coincides with the halfway point between our birthdays so celebrating won't lean too much in one direction or the other.  Only staying a week this time but will do a bigger trip later.  (I have friends in Scotland and Bulgaria and have a standing invite to visit them.  MY BFF says if I go to Bulgaria I go alone. 🤣)

That's great news. Glad to hear your foot is on the mend and you're back! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cinco DeNio said:

Awesome news! Wales is a beautiful place. I hope you have a wonderful time.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Cinco DeNio said:

Welcome back!!! You've been missed. I'm so happy to hear that you are doing better! Happy very early birthday in advance I hope you have an amazing time and get to do ... I'm honestly not sure what there is to do in Wales. I honestly only know of Cardiff and a vague sense that Wales was somehow important in the War of the Roses... I clearly need to read up on Wales. Whatever fun things that the Welsh do I hope you get to do and more importantly that you get to enjoy spending time with your friend!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, gigi-tastic said:

Welcome back!!! You've been missed. I'm so happy to hear that you are doing better! Happy very early birthday in advance I hope you have an amazing time and get to do ... I'm honestly not sure what there is to do in Wales. I honestly only know of Cardiff and a vague sense that Wales was somehow important in the War of the Roses... I clearly need to read up on Wales. Whatever fun things that the Welsh do I hope you get to do and more importantly that you get to enjoy spending time with your friend!

My friend lives between Cardiff and Swansea.  If I had gone two years ago like I was supposed to there was a big Dr. Who exhibition going on.  (Doctor Who is now produced by BBC Wales and films around Cardiff often.)  I am not going to make a big touristy thing this time.  Mostly soak in the local culture, go for some hikes and hopefully visit Aberystwyth.  My friend visited there several years ago and sent some amazing pictures.

• Like 4

Dance With Me is free on Crackle (w/ commercials of course)

• Like 6

I'm confused.  This looks nothing like Vanessa Williams.

giphy.gif

• Like 5