🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Anonymous37

Are Earwolf Donations Tax-Deductible?

I guess the topic title is self-explanatory: now that people are getting all of their information together for taxes, I'm curious to know if donations to Earwolf are tax-deductible?

Since Earwolf is an LLC, it is a company rather than a qualified charitable organization, probably not unless there is some insane tax loophole that been created recently. If anyone from Earwolf has a different answer, I'd be happy to be wrong about this - especially if it encourages more people to donate, but I don't think donations would be tax deductible.

That said, wouldn't it be great knowing you helped out your favorite show? :)

Hi All - Unfortunately, donations are not tax-deductible. I just realized now that may not have been clear. I'm really sorry if that was the case.

Basically we are a for-profit LLC and not a non-profit organization. So when you donate, it counts as revenue to us and we pay tax on it just the same as if you bought a shirt.

We really appreciate all of your support and I hope this doesn't dissuade anyone from donating...without the donations we couldn't keep doing our shows.

Happy tax season!!!!

on a side note, I think you can donate money to off shore bank accounts totally tax free.

We really appreciate all of your support and I hope this doesn't dissuade anyone from donating...without the donations we couldn't keep doing our shows.

Hi Jeff, it honestly wasn't my intent to dissuade anyone from donating (like I did) -- I was just hoping that I could write it off.

That said, wouldn't it be great knowing you helped out your favorite show?

Oh, absolutely (although my donation wasn't directed at a particular show).

• Like 1

Hi Jeff, it honestly wasn't my intent to dissuade anyone from donating (like I did) -- I was just hoping that I could write it off.

That said, wouldn't it be great knowing you helped out your favorite show?

Oh, absolutely (although my donation wasn't directed at a particular show).

No worries! Thanks again for donating!

Sign in to follow this