🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 215.5 - Minisode 215.5

Will a stage diving bear kill you? How do you trick your husband into watching The Bachelor? All this and more on this week’s mini-sode! Paul opens up the Explanation Hope Line, goes through Corrections and Omissions for The Country Bears, and gives his Pick of the Week. Plus, find out which movie we will be watching next week!

Subscribe to Unspooled with Paul Scheer and Amy Nicholson here: http://www.earwolf.com/show/unspooled/

Check out our tour dates over at www.hdtgminfo.com!

Check out new HDTGM merch over at https://www.teepubli…wdidthisgetmade

Where to Find Jason, June & Paul:

@PaulScheer on Instagram & Twitter

@Junediane on IG and @MsJuneDiane on Twitter

I love how Paul has incorporated Cody and Devin into the mini-episodes. It’s nice to have their insight as well. 

Also, just like Paul I grew up with tomato/mayonnaise sandwiches. They are great. Tomatoes are delicious. However, I’m sorry Kraft, but I will never, ever, ever eat one of your weird hybrid flavors. First of all, I think it’s kind of lazy. What, I can’t be bothered to squeeze two different bottles? Get out of here with that shit! Americans need to be more active! And secondly, I’m not sure I trust your ratios. If you put too much ketchup or BBQ sauce or whatever your whole sandwich is gonna be totally fucked. There’s an art to condiments. You can’t just wing it!

Also, Ranch is fucking disgusting. You think adding ketchup is going to somehow make that horror show edible? Get the fuck out of here...

• Like 7

Congratulations to Cameron for being back on top. I liked it when forum posters win and not those LOSER call-in people.

I am excited for SERENITY. I feel a little responsible since I suggested it in the bad movie recommendation threads. I'll be curious to see what people who have never heard anything about it think is going on. I, unfortunately, only saw it after reading about it. So I was spoiled. IF anyone went in cold, I want to hear your thoughts.

• Like 8

22 minutes ago, Elektra Boogaloo said:

Congratulations to Cameron for being back on top. I liked it when forum posters win and not those LOSER call-in people.

Thanks, Elektra! :) Honestly, I’m less thrilled about the win (although that’s also very nice), and more about making Paul laugh. That’s the real trophy ☺️

To be honest, I agree with Paul. Last weeks C&O’s were really, really good. I’m proud of everyone!

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Cameron H. said:

I love how Paul has incorporated Cody and Devin into the mini-episodes. It’s nice to have their insight as well. 

Also, just like Paul I grew up with tomato/mayonnaise sandwiches. They are great. Tomatoes are delicious. However, I’m sorry Kraft, but I will never, ever, ever eat one of your weird hybrid flavors. First of all, I think it’s kind of lazy. What, I can’t be bothered to squeeze two different bottles? Get out of here with that shit! Americans need to be more active! And secondly, I’m not sure I trust your ratios. If you put too much ketchup or BBQ sauce or whatever your whole sandwich is gonna be totally fucked. There’s an art to condiments. You can’t just wing it!

Also, Ranch is fucking disgusting. You think adding ketchup is going to somehow make that horror show edible? Get the fuck out of here...

Also ketchup and mayo? I legit gagged a bit when Paul said that.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, grudlian. said:

Also ketchup and mayo? I legit gagged a bit when Paul said that.

Ugh! I can just imagine slorping it onto a sandwich. 🤮

These ads are what happen when motherfuckers don’t take those pod survey requests seriously.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cameron H. said:

Ugh! I can just imagine slorping it onto a sandwich. 🤮

Let's take the two grossest condiments and put them together in one easy to throw away container.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, grudlian. said:

Let's take the two grossest condiments and put them together in one easy to throw away container.

It’s, like, I can taste them in the back of my throat, but I have eaten neither...So gross.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Elektra Boogaloo said:

I am excited for SERENITY. I feel a little responsible since I suggested it in the bad movie recommendation threads. I'll be curious to see what people who have never heard anything about it think is going on. I, unfortunately, only saw it after reading about it. So I was spoiled. IF anyone went in cold, I want to hear your thoughts.

I'm so glad they're doing Serenity. I'm convinced MM was stoned and drunk out of his mind through the entire shooting. It was such a blatant excuse for a vacation. But Anne Hathaway kills it!  She knows exactly what movie she's in. 

• Like 3

I'm not sure if June will ever forgive Paul for Serenity. It's ROUGH

• Like 3

After years of saying it's a Jacob Ladder's scenario ...it's some kind of bullshit Jacob's Ladder scenario. This is awful.

I have no idea what (this) Serenity is about beyond what Paul mentioned in the mini-EP. I am going in cold! I'll try to keep it that way

• Like 2

5 hours ago, LTL said:

Just remember what to do when you feel agitated.

giphy.gif

• Like 3

Hey so a fellow fan in the Facebook group had asked me to reach out and see if anyone knows how to maybe get a download of Not The Bees songs that was on the mini because it's a pure GIFT from heaven above! Does anyone know if Nate ( I couldn't hear all of his last name) is on the boards and might be willing to give his fans what they crave? 

if it makes him more inclined  the song reminded me to get my Epi pen script for the year so that my last words won't be " Not the bees! "

• Like 1

20 hours ago, LTL said:

I turned to my boyfriend at one point while we were watching this and I said "oh man I can't wait to hear what June says about this movie."

• Like 4

Since I know what the twist is for this film I'm watching under the pretense to see the clues of it and from the FIRST SCENE I'm catching the clues, mainly because of how many years I've spent partaking in what that twist is. It's actually not a terrible clue, but the movie built around it is dogshit. And holy shit do they love going The Devil's Advocate route with their overuse of fuck, plus I was not expecting MM to be a part time hooker to help pay for his gas and first mate.

• Like 1

Holy shit this movie goes into Matrix sequel levels of crazy.

• Like 1

I don't think I've been this peeved at a movie in a while.

• Like 2

So this was release straight to Netflix here in Japan and was dying to watch it after hearing how poorly it did and how crazy it was. My co-worker also watched it and had many thoughts so I'll have to ask them for some C&Os as well.

Also apologies to @DannytheWall I didn't realize until hearing the episode that I wrote basically the same thing as you. I had a busy week, and must have read it and forgot about it but it was rattling around in my mind.

• Like 4

I went in knowing there was a twist but having no idea what this movie was even about. I was almost enjoying it as a verrry melodramatic morality tale and appreciating how dumb these characters were...then the twist happens and I. was. pissed.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, MacGruber said:

I went in knowing there was a twist but having no idea what this movie was even about. I was almost enjoying it as a verrry melodramatic morality tale and appreciating how dumb these characters were...then the twist happens and I. was. pissed.

Huh. Maybe it is better to go in knowing the twist (is it a twist or a reveal?). Because I was like, when are they gonna get to the nonsense????? Hurry up!

• Like 1

True story of today: I was about to tee off a round of golf this morning when a yearling bear ran across the course, and they closed the course for the day while they tried to catch it.

But I instantly remembered "Black, fight back. Brown, lay down." 

Thanks, June. That'll be in my head forever now, and it might've saved my life today.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, The_Triple_Lindy said:

True story of today: I was about to tee off a round of golf this morning when a yearling bear ran across the course, and they closed the course for the day while they tried to catch it.

But I instantly remembered "Black, fight back. Brown, lay down." 

Thanks, June. That'll be in my head forever now, and it might've saved my life today.

So did you end up punching the bear or lying down on the green?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cameron H. said:

So did you end up punching the bear or lying down on the green?

It was actually a polar bear. I'm dead now.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, The_Triple_Lindy said:

It was actually a polar bear. I'm dead now.

tenor.gif

• Like 6