Episode 82 — Turn the (Ellen) Page

8 replies to this topic

#1 Earwolf Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 12:03 AM

Sklarbro Country is coming at you this week like a blind paralympian or a drunk Zamboni driver! Our guest is the lightning fast comedian Chris Fairbanks who talks to us about skateboarding, nudity as a defense in a fight, and what makes or breaks an impressionist. We get a quick and mysterious call from Mark Wahlberg and our first in-studio visit from Tim Gunn who clarifies his recent statement on celibacy. If you're hungry for more Sklar Brothers, visit Jockular.com and watch their Point/Point web series. Zoom!

#2 pbnews

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • LocationLa Crosse, WI

Posted 17 February 2012 - 12:32 AM

I would watch 'Three the Hardaway', with Jeremy Lin, Tim Hardaway, and a baby. The twist is that the baby is gay, which clashes with Lin's Christianity and Hardaway's bigotry. The Washington Generals make frequent cameos throughout the series.

#3 Julia Hays

Earwolf Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey native. New to Los Angeles.

Posted 17 February 2012 - 04:43 AM

Every episode that involves the Sklars mocking Allen Iverson's "practice" presser is a winner in my book.
I write inappropriate things on Twitter - @JuliaEveHays.

#4 Brad Tucker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 08:25 AM

I'm pretty sure the Leonard Young rampage was an alternate ending for American Psycho. During that whole take I was picturing Christian Bale running around with a chainsaw.

#5 TeddyKGB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 09:21 AM

I think they were just being polite to their guest, but I wish Jason and Randy had defended impressions and impressionists (and I don't mean Claude Monet), considering they employ a couple of great ones. Yes, there are hacky impressionists, but there are a few who have tremendous skill and raise it to an art form.

Sorry my first forum post is to pick a nit. A hearty Henderson and Osbaldiston to you all.

#6 Andy Schnorr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 10:32 AM

I have sympathy for Mimi Lepage in her lawsuit against the Dunkerleys. I think it's impossible for her to get fair trial due to the extremely low odds she will have an impartial jury. After all, Justice is also blind - ZOOM!

#7 Kristopher Mills

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 07:09 PM

Not to mention rappers were definitely wearing baggy clothes before skateboarders. 'boarders got their look from hip-hop. Sorry man

#8 Cody Nelson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:14 PM

You guys are aware that S. Carey is one of the drummers for Bon Iver, right? If not, well, now you do, because he is.

#9 switcheroou

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 03:02 PM

Awesome show. Can't wait for the network premiere of "3rd and Long."

Also, Tim Gunn is quickly becoming one of my favorite guests. Good work James!