Jump to content
SlidePocket

Musical Mondays Week 69 Preview (Watch Out for Snakes's 2nd Pick)

Recommended Posts

Watch Out for Snakes is making their 2nd pick, and it will be....

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post

I'm really interested to see what the gang has to say about...

 

 

I found Bugsy Malone on the Criterion Channel but the whole movie is available for free on YouTube. This came out in 1976, the same year Jodie Foster appeared in Taxi Driver

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, WatchOutForSnakes said:

I'm really interested to see what the gang has to say about...

 

 

I found Bugsy Malone on the Criterion Channel but the whole movie is available for free on YouTube. This came out in 1976, the same year Jodie Foster appeared in Taxi Driver

Oh no! Cam Bert picked this one already!

Share this post


Link to post

Well, there's no rule that says no repeats......

Baked beans, anyone?

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post

I think JammerLea has a spreadsheet of all the picks on her forum profile. If not, I can link to the thread that has them all in a bit 🙂

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Weird request:  is it possible to have a thread pinned at the top with the current rotation and chosen movies?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
37 minutes ago, grudlian. said:

Weird request:  is it possible to have a thread pinned at the top with the current rotation and chosen movies?

I don’t now if that would be appropriate simply because we’re guests on this thread. Usually, I just search “rotation” to figure out who’s next.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Okay, I've made a new pick:

It's available for free on Amazon Prime and for rent on YouTube. I could be persuaded to host a rabbit screening over the weekend if I'm not too knocked out with pain killers from oral surgery ;) 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
52 minutes ago, WatchOutForSnakes said:

Okay, I've made a new pick:

It's available for free on Amazon Prime and for rent on YouTube. I could be persuaded to host a rabbit screening over the weekend if I'm not too knocked out with pain killers from oral surgery ;) 

Oh, boy, the director of Blue Hawaii did this one as well.

Also, I'm interested to see Stella Stevens in a real role.  All I know her for is Appasionata Von Climax in Lil' Abner.

movieslilabner59gclimax01.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

He sings about shrimp in this one - lol

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Cameron H. said:

He sings about shrimp in this one - lol

Is that "insecurity"?  Doesn't seem appropriate to sing about shrimp in a movie about your attractiveness to girls. (Unless he's singing about jumbo shrimp.)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Ignore my previous posts.  I realized I was responding to the Elvis movie.  I thought we were going to be watching the Motley Crue video.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Cameron H. said:

He sings about shrimp in this one - lol

And he references a crunchy sandwich in a song 😂 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, tomspanks said:

And he references a crunchy sandwich in a song 😂 

I guess we know what kind of peanut butter he likes. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, tomspanks said:

And he references a crunchy sandwich in a song 😂 

Crunchy sandwich? So one with a pickle?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

If you ever meet an English person ask them about Bugsy Malone. Apparently it is much bigger there and a very common school play to do.

I'm all ready for Girls! Girls! Girls! Girls! Girls! Girls! Girls! Girls! Girls! Girls! Girls! Girls! Girls! I think that was one too many.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Started watching this morning.  Got up to them sailing across the pond and hanging on the porch.  Will pick it up tonight.

Also, I have no plans on Friday night.  I can do a showing if WatchOutForSnakes can't.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/24/2019 at 4:49 PM, Cameron H. said:

He sings about shrimp in this one - lol

You had me at sings about shrimp. I need no other context. I'm in!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/26/2019 at 6:34 PM, gigi-tastic said:

You had me at sings about shrimp. I need no other context. I'm in!

I'm saving my reaction for Monday, but I have to say I had never seen an Elvis movie before, and I was pleasantly surprised by how charming he was.  Then I watched a 1985 Barbara Walters interview with Priscilla Presley, and I had a few second thoughts about recommending. But he's long gone, and this was an ....interesting watch.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, WatchOutForSnakes said:

I'm saving my reaction for Monday, but I have to say I had never seen an Elvis movie before, and I was pleasantly surprised by how charming he was.  Then I watched a 1985 Barbara Walters interview with Priscilla Presley, and I had a few second thoughts about recommending. But he's long gone, and this was an ....interesting watch.

Oh yeah no he's full on a creep. He got involved with her when she was like 14 and he was 24. As you do .  Also not his fault but he had a real weird relationship with his mom.  Since we don't have to pay for it I don't have a problem with seeing it.  Plus as you said he's dead and has been for a while.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×