🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
SlidePocket

Musical Mondays Week 69 Preview (Watch Out for Snakes's 2nd Pick)

Watch Out for Snakes is making their 2nd pick, and it will be....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'm really interested to see what the gang has to say about...

I found Bugsy Malone on the Criterion Channel but the whole movie is available for free on YouTube. This came out in 1976, the same year Jodie Foster appeared in Taxi Driver

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, WatchOutForSnakes said:

I'm really interested to see what the gang has to say about...

I found Bugsy Malone on the Criterion Channel but the whole movie is available for free on YouTube. This came out in 1976, the same year Jodie Foster appeared in Taxi Driver

Oh no! Cam Bert picked this one already!

Well, there's no rule that says no repeats......

Baked beans, anyone?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I think JammerLea has a spreadsheet of all the picks on her forum profile. If not, I can link to the thread that has them all in a bit 🙂

• Like 1

Weird request:  is it possible to have a thread pinned at the top with the current rotation and chosen movies?

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, grudlian. said:

Weird request:  is it possible to have a thread pinned at the top with the current rotation and chosen movies?

I don’t now if that would be appropriate simply because we’re guests on this thread. Usually, I just search “rotation” to figure out who’s next.

• Like 2

Okay, I've made a new pick:

It's available for free on Amazon Prime and for rent on YouTube. I could be persuaded to host a rabbit screening over the weekend if I'm not too knocked out with pain killers from oral surgery ;) 

• Like 7

52 minutes ago, WatchOutForSnakes said:

Okay, I've made a new pick:

It's available for free on Amazon Prime and for rent on YouTube. I could be persuaded to host a rabbit screening over the weekend if I'm not too knocked out with pain killers from oral surgery ;) 

Oh, boy, the director of Blue Hawaii did this one as well.

Also, I'm interested to see Stella Stevens in a real role.  All I know her for is Appasionata Von Climax in Lil' Abner.

movieslilabner59gclimax01.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cameron H. said:

He sings about shrimp in this one - lol

Is that "insecurity"?  Doesn't seem appropriate to sing about shrimp in a movie about your attractiveness to girls. (Unless he's singing about jumbo shrimp.)

• Like 2

Ignore my previous posts.  I realized I was responding to the Elvis movie.  I thought we were going to be watching the Motley Crue video.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Cameron H. said:

And he references a crunchy sandwich in a song 😂 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, tomspanks said:

I guess we know what kind of peanut butter he likes. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, tomspanks said:

Crunchy sandwich? So one with a pickle?

• Like 1

If you ever meet an English person ask them about Bugsy Malone. Apparently it is much bigger there and a very common school play to do.

I'm all ready for Girls! Girls! Girls! Girls! Girls! Girls! Girls! Girls! Girls! Girls! Girls! Girls! Girls! I think that was one too many.

• Like 4

Started watching this morning.  Got up to them sailing across the pond and hanging on the porch.  Will pick it up tonight.

Also, I have no plans on Friday night.  I can do a showing if WatchOutForSnakes can't.

• Like 1

On 6/24/2019 at 4:49 PM, Cameron H. said:

You had me at sings about shrimp. I need no other context. I'm in!

• Like 4

On 6/26/2019 at 6:34 PM, gigi-tastic said:

You had me at sings about shrimp. I need no other context. I'm in!

I'm saving my reaction for Monday, but I have to say I had never seen an Elvis movie before, and I was pleasantly surprised by how charming he was.  Then I watched a 1985 Barbara Walters interview with Priscilla Presley, and I had a few second thoughts about recommending. But he's long gone, and this was an ....interesting watch.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, WatchOutForSnakes said:

I'm saving my reaction for Monday, but I have to say I had never seen an Elvis movie before, and I was pleasantly surprised by how charming he was.  Then I watched a 1985 Barbara Walters interview with Priscilla Presley, and I had a few second thoughts about recommending. But he's long gone, and this was an ....interesting watch.

Oh yeah no he's full on a creep. He got involved with her when she was like 14 and he was 24. As you do .  Also not his fault but he had a real weird relationship with his mom.  Since we don't have to pay for it I don't have a problem with seeing it.  Plus as you said he's dead and has been for a while.