🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 43 — Taste

I'm craving something sweet, savory, and full of facts about taste buds! If you're in the same boat, chow down on today's Professor Blastoff where you'll learn about virtual reality food from Dr. Kathleen Keller and Kyle's infancy from Mother. Kip up and enjoy, compliments of Chef Blastoff.

Why isn't Kyle calls mother a regular segment?

edit: just finished episode and Tig suggested the same!

• Like 1

Kyle's mother is a hoot.

Thanks for the pico de gallo recipe, Tig!

Pico-De-Gallo-with-chips.jpg

This was hilarious obviously.

I think dr Keller = jenn kirkman .... Anyone else notice a similarity in voice/cadence? I've also never seen them in the same room at the same time....or different times for that matter

• Like 1

I also tweeted about a regular 'Calls with Mother' segment. So glad Tig mentioned it at the end. Also, stop being concerned about going over time! I want more! Unless, like you guys have lives or something. You guys don't have lives, do you?

Anyway, 'Calls with Mother'!! Or I'll throw a rock through my own car's window!

• Like 2

where dem pictures at, swamp rockers?!! *creepy voice* "I feel comfortable when I can... picture you"

you guys and gal are a regular hoot, te deseo mucha suerte

Yeah, I third that notion of the photos. Where are they this week? Please post them up.

I had to switch this episode off - the guest kept talking over the people I actually listen to the show for. Very frustrating.

the show's photos, as well as video of kyle doing the worm, are coming! we used a different camera and had a mixup locating the files.

• Like 3

Seconding that Kyle calls mother should be a regular segment, but seems like it'd have to be worked around the guest.

Seconding that Kyle calls mother should be a regular segment, but seems like it'd have to be worked around the guest.

I agree, but the only problem would be that they would have to make sure that she didn't know she was being recorded every time. If she knew, we would never get things like Kyle was supposed to be aborted.

Where to start? Such a great episode!

First, in defense of Dr. Keller, it is hard to hear and hard to interact with Kyle, David, Tig and Aaron on the phone. Once you start talking, it is hard to hear if they say something. Secondly, as an invited "expert", one wants to offer one's knowledge and some substantive facts and sometimes that takes a bit longer than one quick sentence. It can be hard to strike a balance with the comedy. I think most guests do a pretty good job and Dr. Keller did really well.

I loved that the first segment of the show was all visual. Kyle's "kip-up" was amazing to listen to!

It's odd how much molestation the hosts were subjected to in their childhood years! And the fact that David's babysitter/molester was named Thibedoux is NUTS! Such a cajun name!

Touch tongues with your Cajun babysitter and SWAMP ROCK!

And what can I say about Kyle's mom? So precious and so funny! For more of her, check out www.youtube/kyledunnigan and some of Kyle's hilarious "Craig" videos!! His mom is featured in many of them. What a wonderful, supportive lady!! (Considering she did not breastfeed him and was ready to abort him.)

I love this podcast so much. However, I get the feeling that Kyle, Tig and David are a bit tired of mentioning the "hatch" and having to recite the premise of the show. How about this? Have a pre-recorded bit that precedes the show's opening theme. It could go like this.

"Comedian David Huntsberger was visiting his comedian friend Kyle Dunnigan for a game of Knockoutball. While retrieving an errant shot that had gone out the window, David found a hatch under Kyle's house that led to the long-disused laboratory of Professor R. L. Blastoff, a scientist-explorer who had become lost in time and space. Joined by comedian and friend Tig Notaro, they receive and discuss messages from the Professor."

Just a thought.

All that was missing from this episode was a riddle. Maybe next time.

Love, love, love the podcast!!

SEY

Aww, thanks Steven! I definitely didn't realize I was cutting off Tig, David, and Kyle so much until I heard the episode. As you said, it's hard to hear on the phone...especially the crappy phone I use. It was definitely not my intention, but thanks for the defense!

You did an amazing job on your episode!

Love the podcast and thanks so much for having me on! It was sooooo much fun, and my students thought it was pretty cool too!

Best,

Kathleen

• Like 2

Sorry if this has been addressed previously: Can we get a picture of Aaron sucking on his hands? I'm actually having a hard time imagining exactly what that looks like, even if I take "sucking on hand" as literally as possible.

Oh. My. God.

THIS is the best episode of them all!

Better than any of swamp rock episodes.

The conversation with Kyle's mother is priceless!

I love this show!!!

Not only should a "Phone Call to Mother" be a reoccurring segment, but "Kyle Teaches Us a Dance Move" as well.

By the by, regarding the phone call, "That's Nuts!"

that phone call was insane. I was so nervous the whole time and was getting all bent out of shape that they would be busted trying to hold in the giggles. I was having a shaky nervous giggle fit when she basically caught Kyle in his lies!! "Are you with friends? Am I on speakerphone?" ahhh so much drama!

more. more like this always.

Still waiting on those jpegs. Where are they?

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this