🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Cameron H.

Musical Mondays Week 69 Girls! Girls! Girls!

16 hours ago, WatchOutForSnakes said:

I'm so glad you all enjoyed this as much as I did. What did you all think of the song with the two girls at Paradise Cove? 

I've yet to meet an Elvis movie that I've loved.  I've only watched 3 so far though.

Re: the song, I thought...it was a product of its time.  It's not a song I'm gonna be singing in the future or anything like that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tomspanks said:

I've yet to meet an Elvis movie that I've loved.  I've only watched 3 so far though.

Re: the song, I thought...it was a product of its time.  It's not a song I'm gonna be singing in the future or anything like that.

Are we referring to the song sung in Chinese with Mai and Tai?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Cinco DeNio said:

Are we referring to the song sung in Chinese with Mai and Tai?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, WatchOutForSnakes said:

Finally making some time to comment on my own pick :) I had some oral surgery last Friday and was a bit knocked out with pain meds, and was probably thinking about Johnny's soliloquy from Dirty Dancing about how hard it was to have women throwing themselves at him and no one genuinely cared at him. That was my take on Russ. He was a man with a goal to get the ship he and his dad built together, and girls were a distraction. I do think all of the married women hit on him, and some of the guys too! I wondered why he was so hesitant to sing at the club. He could totally bank on his sex appeal and his talent without actually having to sell his body. Did working on the boat make more money? My first thought is, no, but that he just loved being on it so much. 

I'm so glad you all enjoyed this as much as I did. What did you all think of the song with the two girls at Paradise Cove? 

Oh, also, I was really surprised by how much I loved Laurel. Given the opening song, I really wasn't sure how much sexism I had signed up for. Not so . much, it appears. 

I really enjoyed the lack of sexism and yellow face! * Glares at Breakfast At Tiffany's*.  In fact I was so happy that the Asian actors were allowed to portray pretty much normal people who just were living their life. I was on the fence about the song with the little girls but I think in the context of the story of  two little girls excited  to teach Elvis  and it's ok in context? Ish.  

• Like 4

I'll be off traveling for the rest of the week but hope to be here with bells on for gigi-tasic's pick on Monday!  Have a great Fourth of July.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cinco DeNio said:

I'll be off traveling for the rest of the week but hope to be here with bells on for gigi-tasic's pick on Monday!  Have a great Fourth of July.

Have fun! Going anywhere interesting?

5 hours ago, Cinco DeNio said:

Have a great time and be safe wherever your travels take you!

I hope everyone can enjoy my family tradition of getting/ eating the ice cream of your choice on the 4th. My grandparents lived out in the country and the tiny one light town ( I mean this literally. They have exactly 1 fourway light) closest to them always has a little parade and the biggest business in town is the Ice Cream/ Pizza Parlor ( which isn't hard to do when there's only a convenience store, dollar store, one room library, a church, a weird but awesome artsy boutique out of someone's converted barn and you) . Everyone who goes to the parade goes to the Parlor. It's Tradition. Also it's a parade of fucking tractors we need something to look forward to besides children hurtling into traffic for cheap candy.

• Like 3

On 7/3/2019 at 9:29 PM, Cameron H. said:

Have fun! Going anywhere interesting?

Apologies.  I just checked the site and saw this post.  I went to Michigan for a Celebration of Life party on Friday.  My sister's boyfriend passed away on June 2nd.  He didn't want a burial or funeral so he was cremated and we remembered him on Friday night.  I just got back home a couple hours ago.  Still in culture shock from being in Michigan at 10 a.m. and pulling in to my Delaware apartment before 9 p.m.

TQN2AHl.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

3 minutes ago, Cinco DeNio said:

Apologies.  I just checked the site and saw this post.  I went to Michigan for a Celebration of Life party on Friday.  My sister's boyfriend passed away on June 2nd.  He didn't want a burial or funeral so he was cremated and we remembered him on Friday night.  I just got back home a couple hours ago.  Still in culture shock from being in Michigan at 10 a.m. and pulling in to my Delaware apartment before 9 p.m.

TQN2AHl.jpg

I'm sorry for your family's loss.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1