🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 64 — Rolling In The Deep

Dave Holmes spent years on MTV VJing chart topping singles, but how will he react to the Billboard Korea K-Pop Top 100 chart? He is an accomplished improviser, actor, and host with credits like Reno 911 and DVD on TV, so what will he think of this week's Movie Chart? And how will Dave deal with a Chart Dart entry so confusing even Kulap couldn't guess it?!?! Join Wie-Wie, Ku-Ku, and Dave on an adventure through Nic Cage movies and dorm fires and join us this Friday for another edition of Two Charted!

Why was Dave taking such copious notes on the Korean pop charts?

RELEASE THE DOCUMENTS, DAVE!

• Like 4

Curiosity got to me; from Jesse Camp's Wiki:

In late 2006, he was reportedly working at a Los Angeles–area pet supply store called Centinela Feed & Supply. In 2008 he began working for a firm called "Telefund" as a caller, raising money for non-profit liberal and progressive organizations.[5]

Engineer Qustin did great job turning a breakup into a second interview for an internship.

• Like 2

This has to be one of my favorite episodes. Dave was a great guest, all of the improvs were phenomenal, and the suggestion to explore the K-Pop charts was brilliant.

Great episode. I suggested a K-pop chart a while ago. Nice to change it up instead of the average billboard chart which is always the same people. Ever thought of doing a chart of the top 5 songs from a different year?

• Like 4

Second the "top 5 from a different year" suggestion. And not just for songs. Movie chart from 1982! How much fun would that be? A lot of fun, that's how much!

• Like 4

I was getting a bit worried that the chart quizzes were getting stretched beyond their limit, but then Dorm Fire vs Tsunami was possibly the best one ever. (Just writing that makes me laugh again). Also: Dave Holmes is just so yummy. Weeeeeeeeee

PS At the bar tonight, a sketchy drag queen kept walking up to every asian girl on the patio and trying to make them talk in Cantonese, despite the fact that literally every one of them was Korean or Thai. ("I -told- you I'm not Chinese" - "Hung chi nonsense tai kwan do!")

I thought of you guys.

<3

DT

Ryan Reynolds was the doctor in Harold and Kumar go to white castle, and without him, parker posey, and patton oswalt, Blade 3 wouldn't have been nearly as watchable.

Other than that, eh.

I'm so very glad my donation got used for an ep of Who Charted! (i think I just did the general donation thing). Fantastic job pronouncing my name correctly...something that very rarely happens.

Dave Holmes always seems so darn likable in interviews. Glad he was on the episode. Keep up the good work!

Jars, it's one of my guilty pleasure's i guess. But like i said, half the cast tried pretty damn hard to save that movie.

I always forget that Ryan played the anonymous ripped torso in that movie. Who expected that from Alanis Morissette's boyfriend? Nobody.

Great episode, and Dave Holmes is super nice, and adorably cute. I have loved this show since episode 1 =D

This episode was chart brass!

I'm a longtime aficionado of Japanese/Chinese/Korean pop culture, so I always get excited when they make an appearance, ever since the "Winter Fairy" song way back in the beginning of the podcast. After the disappointingly Gaga-heavy Japanese chart from a while ago, the K-pop chart delivered.

If the rotating leader mechanism in T-ara was fascinating to anyone, I'd recommend looking up Hello! Project, which is a massive J-pop outfit responsible for the long-running Morning Musume group, which features a similar almost collegiate atmosphere, with new singers being recruited every year, group leaders, sub-groups, graduations, and bands made up of post-graduate members.

http://en.wikipedia....i/Hello_project

http://en.wikipedia..../Morning_Musume

I like the idea of "retro" charts as mentioned above, it could be a fun way to tie things into the guests even more, maybe pull up Billboard charts for a guest's birth day/year... we did something like this at my office once and had a big day-long goof-off where we played the Billboard #1 songs from our birth weeks.

Sign in to follow this