🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Cameron H.

Musical Mondays Week 69 Preview (Gigi-tastic's 2nd Pick)

Grab the latest copy of Spy Magazine,  and meet me in Newport, Rhode Island because we're watching :

21145.jpg

It's Grace Kelly's last film before she became the Princess of Monaco and I was OBSESSED with it as a teenager .

It's a musical remake of The Philadelphia Story. I'm a big enough person to say that The Philadelphia Story is the better movie but this is still fun and utterly insane when it comes to the cast. 

It's TOTALLY plausible Bing Crosby and Grace Kelly were a thing you guys! Also Frank Sinatra is here?

• Like 7

It's available for rent on Amazon, ITunes, GooglePlay, and Vudu for $2.99 . I think it's also available on YouTube for rent.  Check your local library 's Hoopla as well they might have it. I know I owned a physical copy at one point but I haven't been able to find it yet. I will keep looking though and if I can find it and if someone can teach me to stream it I would be happy to do that!

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, gigi-tastic said:

It's available for rent on Amazon, ITunes, GooglePlay, and Vudu for $2.99 . I think it's also available on YouTube for rent.  Check your local library 's Hoopla as well they might have it. I know I owned a physical copy at one point but I haven't been able to find it yet. I will keep looking though and if I can find it and if someone can teach me to stream it I would be happy to do that!

Unfortunately Rabbit doesn't seem able to stream physical copies drat it.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, gigi-tastic said:

Grab the latest copy of Spy Magazine,  and meet me in Newport, Rhode Island because we're watching :

21145.jpg

It's Grace Kelly's last film before she became the Princess of Monaco and I was OBSESSED with it as a teenager .

It's a musical remake of The Philadelphia Story. I'm a big enough person to say that The Philadelphia Story is the better movie but this is still fun and utterly insane when it comes to the cast. 

It's TOTALLY plausible Bing Crosby and Grace Kelly were a thing you guys! Also Frank Sinatra is here?

Umm, I already picked Reefer Madness.  Do we need another movie about the dangers of marijuana?

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Cinco DeNio said:

Umm, I already picked Reefer Madness.  Do we need another movie about the dangers of marijuana?

Obviously this is a movie on Alcoholism! I don't know if there isn't a scene from the trailer ( Which shows half the movie for no reason) that doesn't involve people drinking. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Cinco DeNio said:

Unfortunately Rabbit doesn't seem able to stream physical copies drat it.

Which seems to be ok because it's still evading me. I might have lost it in a move, I think I got it for my 16th birthday along with a bunch of Audrey Hepburn movies so it's been around for a while. I was really into old Hollywood at the time.

• Like 2

If this is The Philadelphia Story I'd have to assume Bing Crosby is the Jimmy Stewart right?

3 minutes ago, Cam Bert said:

If this is The Philadelphia Story I'd have to assume Bing Crosby is the Jimmy Stewart right?

I want to know who Louis Armstrong is.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tomspanks said:

I want to know who Louis Armstrong is.

The publisher of Spy magazine obviously.

• Like 3

On 7/8/2019 at 9:39 PM, Cam Bert said:

No he's the Cary Grant( Shocking I know) . Frank Sinatra is Jimmy Stewart. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, gigi-tastic said:

That's bananas.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gigi-tastic said:

SimplisticNimbleHerring-size_restricted.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Cam Bert said:

SimplisticNimbleHerring-size_restricted.

I guess he's only (* only*)  26 years older than Grace Kelly but oh boy has alcohol not done him any favors in the looks department  because rewatching it I thought he was old enough t have played her dad instead.  Granted he's up against one of the most flawless beauties of all time so that doesn't help him any either.... I can't wait to talk about this! I kind of want to do the Philadelphia Story one day now too because I love Hepburn and Grant in that . I might do a double feature on my own.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tomspanks said:

That's bananas.

It's next level bonkers . Besides the age difference I will never understand why people kept trying to sell Crosby as a romantic lead. Even in his prime he wasn't exactly the Hollywood swooner type. Especially after he got in a certain time period. Just let the man do buddy comedies! 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, WatchOutForSnakes said:

I'm so excited about this!!  I loooooove Grace Kelly! 😍

Same! To Catch A Thief was one of my all time favorite Hitchcock movies because I'm a sucker for a  heist or caper 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, gigi-tastic said:

Same! To Catch A Thief was one of my all time favorite Hitchcock movies because I'm a sucker for a  heist or caper 

Also a good one (and I own it). But I think my favorite of Hitchcock's movies with Grace Kelly, I'd have to go with Rear Window. But, it really depends on my mood. 

• Like 1

I would be willing to host a Rabbit showing tonight of High Anxiety, I mean, High Society at 9 p.m. Eastern.  I have a volunteer thing until around 8 but should be home in plenty of time.

Can I please ask some advice?  The tour comes to Philly on the 23rd but money is tight.  I've wanted to go to a live show and almost went to NYC or DC.  Now they're in my backyard!  Should I make every effort to go because just being there is awesome or is it OK to skip and get my finances and life in better order?

• Like 2

On 7/12/2019 at 2:19 PM, Cinco DeNio said:

Can I please ask some advice?  The tour comes to Philly on the 23rd but money is tight.  I've wanted to go to a live show and almost went to NYC or DC.  Now they're in my backyard!  Should I make every effort to go because just being there is awesome or is it OK to skip and get my finances and life in better order?

I think it's ok to skip if finances are tight. Mine are too but I only go one trip a year and a friend is going so w are splitting things. There a always other tours and it's no fun to worry about money on a trip trust me. I know first hand.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, gigi-tastic said:

I think it's ok to skip if finances are tight. Mine are too but I only go one trip a year and a friend is going so w are splitting things. There a always other tours and it's no fun to worry about money on a trip trust me. I know first hand.

Thanks.  My friend in Wales thought of that for me from his past experience.  I've been sending him money with each paycheck to bank for my trip.  That way I dollar-cost average the exchange rate and don't have to carry a lot of cash when I travel.  After my September trip I will keep doing that to save up for a larger trip in the future.

• Like 1