🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Cameron H.

Musical Mondays Week 70 Eddie and the Cruisers

12 hours ago, Cinco DeNio said:

How much singing did Michael Pare do? The opening song looked and sounded like they played the Springsteen track. Other moments I wasn’t as sure about.

Uh probably none, judging by his lip syncing.  

• Like 4

Sorry that I haven't responded yet.

I was thinking pack about what I had to say about the movie and I couldn't remember much. It was fine while I watched it but otherwise the only thing I remember is how bald Joey Pants was. Also, how the ending was really bad. Like "Here's that sorta point of conflict and if you had just asked it would have all been okay."

• Like 2

Apologies but I just finished watching this.  Someone mentioned the ending being a copout.  I just am wondering which part they are referring to?  Joey Pants being the "mysterian" behind the search for the tapes? Or the bearded stranger in the TV store window?

Overall I am glad I watched this but am disappointed Frank and Joanne didn't get together until almost 20 years later.  Frank said he wanted to call her so many times.  1) Why didn't he? 2) What if she had moved? (Granted he didn't seem to have any trouble tracking down the others but still.  He himself had moved.)

• Like 1

One other thing about Joey Pants' character.  He says how he's never gotten a break all his life.  It's why Joanne gives him the tapes.  Then he makes all kinds of statements about how he's going to make the sweetest deal ever, how they're all set, etc.  Yeah, right!  He hasn't gotten it done in his life so far and he thinks he's going to take the corporation and their lawyers for a ride?

(Also IIRC, Tom Berenger didn't even look in the wooden box at the dump just to make sure the tapes were in there and in good condition.  I imagine being somewhat exposed to the elements in a wooden box for 18 years didn't do the tapes any favors.)

• Like 1

Instead of Eddie & The Cruisers they should have called the movie Jersey Boys.

• Like 1