Classics Date  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Which night is better?

• 8/2
    • 8/9
  2. 2. Which movie?

• Tiptoes
    • Speed 2: Cruise Control

As we have all heard by now, Rabbit is going away. However, as @PollyDarton has astutely stated, they “left the keys in the ignition.” We all know it’s been buggy and it’s only a matter of time before it crashes completely, but do you all want to keep continuing on until it does?

If so, let’s carry on as normal. Vote in the poll above for the best date and preferred movie.

• Like 1

I can't do either date because Gen Con is this weekend. So, I'll refrain from voting but I'll strongly advise against Tiptoes. I've seen it and I can't imagine, even in a group setting, that it would be a fun watch.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, grudlian. said:

I can't do either date because Gen Con is this weekend. So, I'll refrain from voting but I'll strongly advise against Tiptoes. I've seen it and I can't imagine, even in a group setting, that it would be a fun watch.

That was my thinking. Speed 2 is pretty bonkers and fun.

I'm in if its the 9th. I still enjoy the viewing even with the bugs. 

• Like 1

So  just wanted to say that a friend is still using rabbit and it's working well for her if that helps anyone.

• Like 1

It totally worked for me last night. Maybe we should do next week. I can do this Friday but I might be late. 

Edit: Oh no! Tiptoes! 

Sorry for being late to the party. The 2nd is slightly better for me, but I should be able to swing the 9th.

Can't make it tomorrow, but could probably do next week. Of course, that's assuming that Rabbit is still up then, so carry on tomorrow if you need to. I hate that it's going away ... 

Speed 2 was dumb, but I remember viscerally disliking Tiptoes

Looks like I was wrong Rabbit is kicking people off but they have a new website coming that you can sign up for? Not sure if it's up yet though

Yeah... I spoke too soon. Rabbit's website now redirects to something called KAST which is an app you download.  I took a chance and downloaded it. It looks similar to rabbit but I can't get it to do anything so far.

Downloaded the app but could not figure out how to "kast." I kept clicking on my screen which was Netflix but it wouldn't seemingly connect.

If we're going to start adding friends on there I am Cambert.

So apparently Kast had a q&a on Discord (🙄) and when someone asked if they would be using Rabbit’s virtual machines, they said they would “look into it.” 

Sorry to be a Debbie Downer but it doesn’t sound very promising. 

12 hours ago, Cameron H. said:

Has anyone had a chance to look at any of these?

Actually, yes ... Together Tube and My Circle would work fine for our purposes, provided the movie is available for free or everyone has access to the source. The way it works is very similar to rabbit -- create a room, send out a link, invite others to join, you can chat with each other. The difference is that instead of streaming one room members content, you copy/paste a link into the window and it just plays that linked video for everyone in the room.

I tried it with my wife using an Amazon Prime video and it worked, but I have no way of knowing if it would work for someone who doesn't also have Prime. I assume the same would be true with HBO, Hulu, etc ... that we'd all have to be members to the site in order to watch a video from it. Don't know if it's true ... I've got time this weekend to try it out with someone, if you want.

I didn't try Synaptop because it requires an account.

• Like 1