🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
admin

Episode 31 — Birdemic: Shock and Terror LIVE!

It seemed like every character knew where to go without being told where to go. They touched on the Viet.....manese restaurant, but it just seemed like these characters knew everything all the time about the plot, and it didn't need to be discussed.

nailed it!

"So how bout dinner to celebrate your success? I know a great vet-namese restaurant."

"Sounds delicious, i'll see you then."

• Like 1

Another thing which stood out for me was we had NO IDEA where we were. We knew we were in California, but we didn't know where. We just knew we weren't in San Francisco because Whitney Moore told us she wasn't from the area (she was from San Fran), but the only news the guy watched was about stuff in San Francisco.

Seriously! They went to the same high school, and then he's all "where are you from?" and she said "San Francisco" and he says "San Jose". Firstly, aren't they "from" the same place if they went to high school together? Also, I believe they are IN San Jose, so he would say "I'm from here"?

Also, the Vietnamese restaurant is in San Jose and then they go dancing in San Francisco- which I guess if possible, if you want to drive 40 minutes. Then, the next day they are in Half Moon Bay suddenly. Sure, these are all in the bay Area but I hate when locations are not depicted correctly. As if THAT is the thing that is wrong with this movie.

Great episode guys, the wait was worth it. I didn't want it to end so I stopped it right when Whitney comes out... I would have a thousand questions for her and I hope you guys ask a few of them, cant wait to wrap it up tomorrow.

This was definitely one of the best episodes and Jason absolutely KILLED!

• Like 1

So I suppose the Shock was the explosive kamakazi birds....

and the Terror was the autistic serial killer's slow methodical plot to trick and trap an innocent naive girl and skin her alive so he can wear her skin in a fleabag motel?

• Like 1

Jason is such a vital part for this dynamic. He is more wont to go off on tangents but those are great.

Awwww, yeah! This is my new jam!

I love this part because his loud clap is so jarring to the horrible and soft music that he is poorly lipsynching to.

I just watched Birdemic, and I've come up with a theory as to how it is actually a brilliant film.

Rod, the main guy, actually is a murderer and the whole movie is in his mind. He's such a creepy guy, it's the only way this movie makes sense.

He was following the main girl (can't remember her name), and everything that happened after he met her is all in his mind. She was creeped out by him, but he perceived it as going well. The date he had with her didn't actually go well at all, and he abducted her. Then the birds start appearing.

The birds are just a hallucination, or the way he justifies his violent acts to himself. Every time the birds show up someone dies. He killed them, and the birds are just in his imagination.

In reality, he abducted the girl and the two kids, killed the people on the bus, the couple he was with, his old friends, the kids parents, the guy who tried to steal gas. But the movie we're shown is from his perspective and "The Birds" did it...

The tree hugger got away after "The Birds" set fire to the woods, but called the police. At the end when the birds go away, he's being arrested and put on medication.

The whole movie is his explanation for what happened. The long driving scenes are put in there to account for where he was at specific times.

I watched Julie and Jack, James Nguyen's debut film, and wow. Guess what it's about? A computer salesman who falls in love with a beautiful blonde girl. Hilarious awkward conversation ensues, and 30 minutes in they tell you it was all virtual reality (guess that explains the weird period clothing they were wearing).

I realize now that Nguyen has a few director's trademarks including white people in asian clothing, board room meetings, and Tippie Hedren (wtf?). Oh, and barely human acting. Speaking of Nguyen, he makes a director's cameo as Professor Tran. (I'm thinking about putting it on youtube). He breaks the rule of never mentioning a good movie in the middle of your bad movie when he mentions what he calls "Space Odyssey 2001". His whole performance seemed rushed, like he was too busy to act in his own movie. The club singer plays a preacher in this one and sings a song called "Spiritual Love". Natalie's mom also makes an appearance.

From a technical standpoint, it's a lot better than Birdemic but still really shitty. The audio and cuts are consistent and there aren't any overly long driving/parking scenes.

So if you are a birdemic fan and can find a copy of it check it out. The whole movie reminds me of a fake movie the Full House characters would have on in the background.

The whole movie reminds me of a fake movie the Full House characters would have on in the background.

This particular detail is cracking me up right now

I thought that at Rod and Nathalie's first date Rod said he was an "Eagles" fan, as if to throw in a bird related zinger.

Birdemic caused me mental trauma. The Live HDTGM episode somewhat relieved this trauma, though I still may resort to trepanation. Birdemic 2 will certainly be the death of me.

Rod spends 19 grand on solar panels, while he owns a company that has developed new solar technology?

Nobody has mentioned that they were firing directly at the bus with people in it.

• Like 1

HOLY FUCK this movie is horrocious. I listened to this podcast 3 times and loved it so I figured I'd waste the 88 minute sor os it would take to wacth, fully prepared to see something awful. I had NO IDEA just how awful it could be. There's no way to prepare for something like this. Manos! Hands of Fate thinks this movie is poorly made.

May favorite part of the podcast is when Al is convincing jason that "Imagine Peace" is a real website and Jason, initially not believing it, goes. "What. Is. Happening?" hahahaha

Superb episode, great guests, well observed comments from people who watched and digested the film. Top work guys n girls.

I have to chime in on the video thing.. I would love the live ones taped, since they are special and you use visuals for the audience.. you don't have to show us the movie clips but seeing reactions and the people involved would really make things work better for us unlucky folk who weren't there.

• Like 1

NOW I know why Birdemic seemed so familiar to me.... from the dialog, to the acting quality, to the audio cuts, to the wierd obvious plot item driven flow.... all she needed to do was find a fishing pole and a stove.

• Like 1

I actually stopped the podcast and watched this on Netflix. think the tables with extension cords were massage tables which makes it that much more hilarious

There is just so much in the movie that is fun, amusing or simply makes no sense on a human or artistic basis. The movie has been mulled over by dozens of pod/vid casts and yet there is still room for more.

Even watching the movie yourself things will occur to you, the walks and expressions need to be seen firsthand to be believed.

Whitney really does come out best of a bad lot.. she seems worse than she is because of the stilted response to any dialogue. I give her great credit for embracing her fame and having fun with it. All power to her.

My personal favorite scene is with the waitress at the start seating Rod.. she is incredibly unnatural and awkward in a way you cant believe a person could be... just sets a tone and level you can't believe.

I know I'm very late to the game here, but I just saw Birdemic for the first time over the weekend and finally had to chime in with a few more awesome things I haven't seen mentioned:

During the basketball game with Horny Friend, they can't believe the heat wave going on in the winter. Within the next few days (presumably), there's a pumpkin festival explicitly taking place in October.

Natalie's modeling audition at a photo developing shop landed her a gig with Victoria's Secret as their "cover girl model."

According to the newscast, the drivers in the eco-race will be "Hollywood celebrities."

I'm glad someone else noticed the line in the Hanging Out With My Family song about the brothers trying to hook up. Yikes.

When the guy was stealing the gasoline from Rod, he started walking further behind the van - in the opposite direction of his own truck.

The lack of bird attacks for 46 minutes is actually a blessing. Before the incessant screeching and machine gun fire, this was one of the most enjoyable movie experiences I've had in a long time but the noise made it really, really hard to sit through. When I inevitably rewatch this movie, I'll have to stop it after the first shots of exploding birds divebombing gas stations.

Best episode ever!

Paul, Jason and June are brilliant. Best guest star ever, Weird Al.

Please find an excuse to do another Live! episode someday.

I like the fact that on wikipedia, the lead Alan Bagh is considered an "actor"...quotes and all.

226996_4027747665767_96201068_n.jpg

I like the fact that on wikipedia, the lead Alan Bagh is considered an "actor"...quotes and all.

226996_4027747665767_96201068_n.jpg

Oh god, that's great!