🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 65 — Dubstep on the Grass

It's about time James Adomian made his way to Who Charted?! With his long Earwolf resume, there is no doubt he'll be raking in comedy credits left and right! The Folk Music Chart brings out the Grace Jones within, whereas the Movie Chart gives us a glimpse of his inner Denzel. We asked him to play Chart Roulette, but we were interrupted by the Sheriff of Nottingham. Despite all of this, his Who Charted? appearance gets more personal than any of his other Earwolf credits, so get to know the man behind Jesse Ventura!

Earwolf has been on fire this week! If Earwolf were a player on NBA JAM, Their basketball would be on fire and the announcers would be yelling "IS IT THE SHOES?!"

WASHBIN FUCKIN!

• Like 1

James Adomian needs to have his own podcast where all the guests are his impressions of other UCB comedians with podcasts. His impression of Howard, and Howard's delight at how spot on it was, instantly became my favorite moment of Who Charted? and possibly of podcasts in general.

• Like 7

This entire episode was stellar, but the Eddie Pepitone and Todd Glass impressions made me lose it. How is it possible for James Adomian to be this consistently hilarious every time he's on a show?!

• Like 5

There needs to be a podcasting hall of fame so this episode can be put in it.

• Like 5

I hate this word's overuse in internet conversation, but its the only fitting word for that Todd Glass impression: EPIC.

Also, let's start the countdown now to the Podmass people being completely humorless about that song and letting it be their sole reason for putting this episode in 'The Rest.' You know the song I mean.

EDIT: In this case, I'm happy to be proven wrong. Good on ya, AV Club. http://www.avclub.com/articles/week-of-feb-23feb-29,70196/

• Like 3

Also, let's start the countdown now to the Podmass people being completely humorless about that song and letting it be their sole reason for putting this episode in 'The Rest.' You know the song I mean.

"The episode gets off to a good start, Adomian is game for just about any improv scenario Kremer throws at him, however the show hits a major snag when the three of them improvise a song about rape. It's more disturbing than funny, and it sours the tone of the rest of the episode, in which I'm pretty sure nothing else noteworthy or funny happened, but that may just be due to the fact that I am incredibly uptight and lose my ability to sense humor whenever my delicate sensibilities are even slightly offended."

• Like 2

I had never heard that Todd Glass impression. Wow.

I shouldn't have listened to this on my lunch break...

the Civil Wars impression/washbin fucking song was so god damn amazing...hhhHHHMmmmmmm!! Howard stopped it at just the right moment. But still, I found myself choking on my sandwich.

This was the best game of Chart Roulette ever ever... so many amazing impressions and it was so nice to hear Howie laugh.

I also vote that one week James Adomian should just play every single comedian and guest on all of the Earwolf podcasts. He's made it very clear that it can be done and that it would be hilarious. Mayhaps PFT could join too... UNLESS James does Paul doing cakeboss. Character inception.

In summation, I agree with everyone else. SUCH A GOOD EPISODE.

• Like 1

WAIT. Wait Wait Wait...

Why was Todd Glass the answer to chart #3 anyway?!? IS JAMES ADOMIAN TODD GLASS' LONG TERM UNNAMED BOYFRIEND?!?!

.... I really feel like I need to know this. Because if it's true I'm going to die. Because it's too amazing.

I was driving home while listening to this episode, and when JAdo started talking like Eddie Pepitone, I quite honestly took my hands off the wheel and clapped with delight. So many amazing comedian impressions, I canna believe it.

This really is my new favorite episode. I have very rarely laughed that hard and that loud by myself. I rewound the Todd Glass part three times. It was even Todd's humor, absolutely amazing.

I still want a rock

If The Vow is still charting next week I think you're going to have revive the Chart Transplant. I don't think I can listen to that awful Channing Tatum voiceover EVER AGAIN.

SO BAD.

Fuck Adomian was great, and great as himself most of the time not just as impressions and charachters - just like the Kroll episode, nice and somewhat ironic that a pod as silly as Who Charted also lets dudes most known for impressions and charachters shine as themselves.

If The Vow is still charting next week I think you're going to have revive the Chart Transplant. I don't think I can listen to that awful Channing Tatum voiceover EVER AGAIN.

SO BAD.

Speaking of bringing back: chart challenge and shouting ALL the numbers

So this whole podcast was amazing, but to highlight a hidden gem i heard in the podcast during the break in the adomian/kulap folk duet.

Adomian: Hey what kind of laptop is that?

Howard: Oh, it's one of those "Flip-Opens".

Adomian: Well, Flip it open then!!

Sign in to follow this