🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
BrennenO

Michael Bay Fight Club Theory

In the last year, Paul Scheer has been involved involved with multiple TV shows, movies, podcasts, has written comic books all while being a father of 2 and a devoted husband. This brings long hours, long days, lots of travel and very little sleep.

One cold winter night, Paul Scheer couldn’t sleep. This was not limited to that night, he hadn’t slept in weeks. He would wander around in a daze of movie scripts, black mirror scripts, horrible movies as well as classics. His devotion to his family meant he was awake to make breakfast all the way through tucking his kids in at night. His devotion to his craft meant late nights watching films and reading scripts.

One late evening after a double feature of One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest and Little Italy, Paul found himself nodding off as Hayden Christiansen professed his love for Emma Roberts in a Toronto airport and awoke an hour later to the sound of an Autobot transformation. in his brief, restless slumber he had hit the input button on his tv remote over to TV where the film Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen had been playing. In his exhaustion, Paul found himself drawn to the film. was it amazing? Was it terrible? It didn’t matter. At that moment, Paul found peace.

Wanting to know more about the filming process And Michael Bays connections with the US military, he pulled out his phone and went to amazon.com to order a copy of the dvd so he could watch with directors commentary. Nodding in and out of consciousness, Paul fell asleep with his finger on the quantity button. When he came to he quickly finished his checkout and went to bed. Babies don’t sleep as well as he did that evening.

After Revenge of the Fallen, Paul was infused with new vigor, new energy and a zest for life. He was more attentive, started writing Ghost Rider comics and went on a cross country tour for HDTGM. 

During this resurgence, Paul started to be haunted by his misremembering of that evening. It started with a mailbag and a letter. It continued with more DVD’s, instagram, Twitter  and finally bleeding into his real life with appearances. What is real? What is pretend? 

People do it every day. They talk to themselves. They see themselves as they’d like to be. they don’t have the courage he has to just run with it. Little by little he’s letting himself become... Michael Bay.

https://youtu.be/eCKRI2wEw7I

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, BrennenO said:

People do it every day. They talk to themselves. They see themselves as they’d like to be. they don’t have the courage he has to just run with it. Little by little he’s letting himself become... Michael Bay.

https://youtu.be/eCKRI2wEw7I

Or are YOU the anonymoos Michael Bay who’s been stalking him and are trying to play mind games?

I've never seen a Transformers movie and all I know about them I know because of Lindsay Ellis and her amazing series on it "The Whole Plate: Film Studies through a Lens of Transformers". It's hilarious and insightful and if we ever do give in to Anonnamoose I will be ready with some hot takes!

• Like 1