🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
whatsuphotdog

Thank you Scott and Harris

On August 29th of 2019 my dad died. I loved him very much, but our relationship wasn't easy. I'm 38 with 2 kids now and I wished he could have seen more of them...

My first and kind of last foray with Phish was in September of 1999...my freshman year at Berklee College of Music. I was a huge fan of Bjork, Nirvana, The Talking Heads, Gwar, and a plethora of other stuff. My roommate had 100+ live cassettes of Phish and had seen them 20 or so times. I had never heard of them and when he played them for me I was thoroughly neutral. That leads me to today...I still am.

The reason I'm posting something here is because after my dad died I was having a hard time getting  back into any podcasts. I've been listening to CBB since episode 50 and LOVE that show, but I couldn't turn it on. Same with all the rest of the podcasts I love. So I decided to turn on Analyze Phish.

This is the 4th time I've listened to the show from start to finish. Hearing Harris was a sad comfort. He was one of my favorite people to hear on CBB and listening to him on Analyze Phish was so awesome. Hearing him talk about something he loved was heartwarming and hilarious. Knowing he was gone and remembering how sad I was when he passed somehow allowed me listen and laugh but also  to grieve for my dad...I'm not even sure I'm making sense, but I wanted to say that this podcast means so much to me for so many reasons.

Scott and Harris truly seemed to love eachother. All the art (content) that they made together I cherish....just like the good times I had with my dad.

Sorry for the rambling. I'm so glad that this podcast exists and can't wait to listen to it again in a few years.