🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Cameron H.

Episode 222.5 - Minisode 222.5

49 minutes ago, muttnik said:

The caller did say a deep cut...

Nah, it's just one of my favorite movies and I enjoy gluing things onto myself for Halloween. I did Jordy Verrill from Creepshow for a number of years (I still find bits of craft moss in the house), and I had an Upson Pratt full roach costume in the works until my Halloween plans kind of dried up. So I'd be the one covered in fake flies. 😁

If you really like Creepers, I recommend an obscure game for the SNES called Clock Tower. It was a Japanese exclusive so you'll have to emulate it and get a translation. It's not a adaptation but it's very clear that Creepers is a heavy inspiration.

• Like 1

Disclosure comes across real gross in 2019 ...and Demi Moore like an insane person

• Like 2

5 hours ago, grudlian. said:

If you really like Creepers, I recommend an obscure game for the SNES called Clock Tower. It was a Japanese exclusive so you'll have to emulate it and get a translation. It's not a adaptation but it's very clear that Creepers is a heavy inspiration.

I downloaded that a few years back actually, haha. I'd remembered hearing about it before (Nintendo Power maybe? Some kind of game magazine article talking about controversial games) and falsely thinking I'd already played it, when in reality it was just a mixture of the movie, the PS1 sequel (which I did play), and my general scatterbrainedness. The giant baby put a smile on my face for weeks! You're maybe the fourth person I've ever heard talk about it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, muttnik said:

I downloaded that a few years back actually, haha. I'd remembered hearing about it before (Nintendo Power maybe? Some kind of game magazine article talking about controversial games) and falsely thinking I'd already played it, when in reality it was just a mixture of the movie, the PS1 sequel (which I did play), and my general scatterbrainedness. The giant baby put a smile on my face for weeks! You're maybe the fourth person I've ever heard talk about it.

I'm not sure how I heard of it either. Maybe it was the same article. The sequel on PS1 is definitely a continuation of the story and basically game play but it's this to Creepers are mostly nonexistent I think (not totally sure since I played both years before seeing the movie).

I want to say my first play through was a couple hours. If you know what you're doing it's maybe half an hour and I definitely got all the endings in an evening. So, you could probably just watch a let's play in youtube to check it out.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, grudlian. said:

I'm not sure how I heard of it either. Maybe it was the same article. The sequel on PS1 is definitely a continuation of the story and basically game play but it's this to Creepers are mostly nonexistent I think (not totally sure since I played both years before seeing the movie).

I want to say my first play through was a couple hours. If you know what you're doing it's maybe half an hour and I definitely got all the endings in an evening. So, you could probably just watch a let's play in youtube to check it out.

I believe that same article talked about Night Trap, I remember really wanting to play both Clock Tower and Night Trap because of it. The licensing for Clock Tower is up in the air last I checked, so hopefully someday it gets the same rerelease treatment that Night Trap has.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, muttnik said:

I believe that same article talked about Night Trap, I remember really wanting to play both Clock Tower and Night Trap because of it. The licensing for Clock Tower is up in the air last I checked, so hopefully someday it gets the same rerelease treatment that Night Trap has.

I'd love a release of Clock Tower but Night Trap has a bit more notoriety than Clock Tower at least in the US with it being partly responsible for ther game rating system. I assume that is why it got the re-release. I'm not sure Clock Tower has the following even though ther games are better. Night Trap definitely has its own campy charm.

• Like 1

On 9/26/2019 at 6:09 PM, muttnik said:

The caller did say a deep cut...

Fair point.  I had forgotten that detail, though I wonder how deep a cut a HDTGM listener really wanOH.MY.GOD.IF.THEY.DID.TROLL2'SGOBLIN.QUEEN.AND.POTTED.BOY.OR.POPCORN.BOY.IT.WOULD.BE.AMAAAAAAZING!!!!!!

• Like 1

On 9/27/2019 at 4:27 PM, grudlian. said:

I'd love a release of Clock Tower but Night Trap has a bit more notoriety than Clock Tower at least in the US with it being partly responsible for ther game rating system. I assume that is why it got the re-release. I'm not sure Clock Tower has the following even though ther games are better. Night Trap definitely has its own campy charm.

True, though stranger things have happened, I'll still put my hopes out into the universe!

On 9/30/2019 at 6:57 PM, ol' eddy wrecks said:

Fair point.  I had forgotten that detail, though I wonder how deep a cut a HDTGM listener really wanOH.MY.GOD.IF.THEY.DID.TROLL2'SGOBLIN.QUEEN.AND.POTTED.BOY.OR.POPCORN.BOY.IT.WOULD.BE.AMAAAAAAZING!!!!!!

It would be amazing!