🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
DartanganMcgee

Bio-Dome (1996)

Really any Pauly Shore film would work, but this one is the worst of the worst. There's something about the pairing of Pauly Shore and Stephen Baldwin that makes this movie especially shitty.You guys can't let this disaster of a film escape your clutches.

I agree...probably the worst of the Pauly Shore movies other than Jury Duty. I actually like some of the Shore movies like Encino Man & In The Army Now. There's certainly some movies at the tail end of Shore's career however that would make a good HDTGM episode.

My boyfriend just came into the office and I whined, "Baby! Some people on the forum think Bio-Dome is a shitty movie!"

There was a long silence before he sighed, "It is a shitty movie honey. I'm sorry."

...but... it's been one of my favorites since I was a kid... I've made him watch it so many times...

...how come I never noticed it?

this is heart-punching :unsure:

• Like 6

My boyfriend just came into the office and I whined, "Baby! Some people on the forum think Bio-Dome is a shitty movie!"

There was a long silence before he sighed, "It is a shitty movie honey. I'm sorry."

...but... it's been one of my favorites since I was a kid... I've made him watch it so many times...

...how come I never noticed it?

this is heart-punching :unsure:

I think it's the fact that it was one of the last Shore-lead movies. He was pretty much wrenching out the last bits of creativity of his California dude routine. That coupled with a dreadlocked Stevey B unsuccessfully trying his own zany Cali dude bit just made for bad cinema.

...You can only 'weeze the juice' for so long.

Movies are a very personal thing.. me and my ex would argue over films constantly as to their relative merits.. i find modern American comedies intensely uncomfortable and unfunny to watch.. watching Baby Mama was one of the worst cinematic experiences of my life.. i can only describe it as feeling like my brain was corroding and it was physically sapping my intelligence.

Now she loved it and was insulted that it made me uncomfortable.. we had pretty much the reverse conversation when i put on Silent Running.

Where and when you saw a movie makes a huge difference.. where you were, who you were with.

I watched Se7en in horrible, front row, neck straining seats at after a nasty break up and i find that film an over hyped piece of junk with an obvious ending i worked out an hour before.. not to mention the general plot which made the deaths a lot less interesting. I know Fincher is a fine director and i love his stylistic choices and i should love that film on paper.. but i don't.

This is one of the laziest movies I have ever watched. Shore and Baldwin aren't even trying a little bit. The dialogue often starts off with a zany convo that inevitably disintegrates into idiot noises and dancing in circles. Many of their lines are unintelligible. It's some real garbage, this one.

I rarely feel malice towards a movie that is honest in its marketing. The trailers for this were very clear and up front about what you would be getting should you feel the desire to spend money on it. I don't think anyone could honestly walk out of the theater and say, 'Oh I can't believe how bad that was!' after knowing it starred Pauly Shore and Stephen Baldwin

• Like 1

Here's the trailer.

Man, they sure caused some trouble in that bubble.

• Like 1

Bio-Dome was a staple in what my late friend, Dan created: Paulyfest.

There was a time when it seemed like Pauly Shore was coming out with a new movie every year. Dan, myself and our pal Gord would go see the movie in theatres, then go to Dan's and watch at least two others on VHS (yes, VHS, kids). We laughed and mocked the movies, and always had a great time. So Bio Dome was part of that, as bad as it was.

HDTGM hasn't done a Pauly Shore movie yet,so why not start with this one?

From the wiki page :

Bio-Dome is a 1996 stoner comedy film directed by Jason Bloom. Bio-Dome was produced by Motion Picture Corporation of Americaon a budget of $15 million and was distributed theatrically by Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer.

The plot of the film revolves around two clumsy, dim-witted slackers who, while on a road trip, look for a toilet stop in what they believe is a shopping mall, which in fact turns out to be a "bio-dome", a form of a closed ecological system in which five scientists are to be hermetically sealed for a year. The film has themes of environmentalism, combined with substance abuse, sexual innuendo, and toilet humor.

The movie stars Pauly Shore,Stephen Baldwin,Joey Lauren Adams, and William Atherton,yes, really that guy is in everything

Here's the trailer

Wow was Steven Baldwin trying to rape a scientist in that trailer? Wtf?

I just started this podcast, and this movie was the first one i thought of that i hope they eventually do. I think Paul casually mentioned it in one of the recent mini-sodes so there is definitely hope.

Sign in to follow this