🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
DaltonMaltz

Episode 67 - Every Period Is Unsettled

Michael takes a break from reading to share his difficult week with listeners in an episode of reflection.

• Sad 1

Oh shitty little rat dog I am so deeply grieved to hear of your passing! I listened to Michael's story this morning and send my condolences to the family. Thank you for recounting what I know is such a loss. 

• Like 1

I am so sorry for your loss, but I thank you from the bottom of my heart for sharing this.

It struck a chord as we lost a dog who had been kenneled while we were on vacation.

It's hard enough to be there, and so very much harder when you can't.

I hope that by sharing the story it helped you heal and I thank you again. It was beautiful to hear.

• Like 1

My thoughts are with you, Martha and your kids. It is shocking how deep our grief can be over the loss of our pets. It is so hard not to second guess our actions and blame ourselves, but we all try to do our best. Endings are never easy and having to make the decision, to give the direction, to end a pet's life is a horrible, horrible, responsibility. But it is also a gift -- you were able to relieve his suffering.

Clearly you loved Jack-Jack. He's immortalized on your podcast and now has a chair in the Jill Schwartz Memorial Library. He accomplished much, coming from his side-of-the-road origins. 

Modern life has moved away from it, but having a period of mourning, where you can cry, reflect, remember and cry some more, helps.