🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
TigFansUnite

Professor Blastoff Twitter-based Listening Party #PBOparty

Hey, folks. This cool idea was brought to my attention. It's something that TrackPFT has been known to do. TrackPFT holds a Pod F. Tompkast Twitter-based Listening party every once in a while. We thought it would be cool to hold a Professor Blastoff twitter party.

Here's how it works:

I will set a certain date and time for everyone who wants to be involved to listen to the latest episode of Professor Blastoff together. So you would follow @TigFansUnite on Twitter and at that particular hour, we all hit play on the latest episode of Professor Blastoff...

The hashtag will be #PBOparty. It's kind of like live tweeting the Oscars or some other huge television event and tweet every single thought you have about that episode. It will be a fun party atmosphere, don't hold back anything. Get drunk if you have to. It's okay if you have listened to the episode earlier in the day if you need to be prepared. There are no bad #PBOparty tweets. Say whatever you want, feel, think.

With that said, the next Professor Blastoff Twitter-based Listening Party will be held:

None

#PBOparty is the chosen hashtag

Again, follow @TigFansUnite (if you want) on Twitter if you would like further details.

I hope you will join us!

• Like 2

:D It's on. Got a follower on tumblr from SWEDEN who said 6pm west coast time is 3am Sweden time and is still down to party it up with the Blastoff crew. Amazing. You guys rule.

Cool idea!

• Like 1

This should be posted in the "How do I get more Twitter followers" thread.

Hey, Professor Blastoff fans,

The first #PBOparty was a success and a blast. There will be another Professor Blastoff Twitter Party held on Tuesday, March 27, 2012 (especially for anyone that missed the first one) and would like to participate in another one! :) The first post at the top has been edited with further details.

This is amazing and I hope I can make it. Also an awesome way to utilize social media around a shared interest.

• Like 1

Add Canada to the list of participating countries.

Should be fun! I was just reading about one of the PFT listening parties the other day.

• Like 1

Hell yeah, JK Wall! Good to hear. I missed out on the PFT listening party. I think they have it every 1st of the month. I'll have to make the next one. Looking forward to you joining the PBOparty! Cheers.

The first one was a lot of fun! Let's do this again! So many nice and funny people enjoy this podcast. Let's build a community!

• Like 1

So many insightful, funny and witty people are fans of the Podcast which made the twitter party totally fun and exciting. We are scheduled to have one THIS Tuesday. Same time, same format. I hope you can make it again, Steven! I always get in panic mode though when it gets closer to the time because I don't know the best way about spreading the word. So I fear I will get a lot of tweets telling me they didn't hear of it in time and missed out and wished they didn't. I got a lot of those tweets last time. :unsure:

TrackPFT and I have been discussing the times too. I've been vacillating back-and-forth in my mind whether 9pm was an okay time for east coasters. I wasn't sure if that was a bit too late..but thought if I did the west coast time any earlier, folks would still be at work or something. So, I feel like maybe the 6/9 ET was a good medium.

I'm rambling...

Professor Blastoff fans, please feel free to join in on this discussion and let me know if you want to be a part of this week's live tweeting of Professor Blastoff.http://www.koalawall...topic.php?i=136 If you weren't invited, you can click the "Request Invite" button on the right-hand side and I will let you in. I just wanted all participants to discuss in one place so that I can get a good head count of who's joining. If we don't have enough people, there's no point in having it. Thanks!

I'll be hitting play on Astrobiology at 9pm edt TONIGHT! (with some swamp rock playing quietly in the background) Hope to have lots of company!

• Like 1

I can't wait!!! Steven, I'm glad you can make it again. You are too incredibly kind. I really appreciate your enthusiasm. Means a lot!

Is this where we sign up for the next Professor Blastoff Twitter Party?! you can count me in!

Hoorah! If you could RSVP by commenting on my fb post (I have it pinned to the top as of now) as far as which day is best for you. :)

Sign in to follow this