🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
admin

Episode 148 — Wipeout!

Put down your Entertainment Weekly and tune into Comedy Bang Bang! We have Jason Mantzoukas of comedy, film, and cinema fame here to count down the Twelve Nights of Oscars and more importantly, try to get through to a friend in need. Also joining us is first time guest Dalton Wilcox, a cowboy poet who don't know much about this big city way of life. Sharp eared listeners might hear some cameo appearances from past Comedy Bang Bang favorites, so stay tuned on Twitter to let us know what you think! Click here to see a sneak peek of the Comedy Bang Bang television show for IFC.

• Like 1

Goody! Jason and Andy completing the Mantzoukas v. Daly trilogy!

The IFC CBB sneak peek was so good, you guys! Can't wait!

• Like 2

I want to shout from the top of a goddamn mountain how great this episode is. I love that there was an actual story tying the whole episode together (maybe the first time since Dogpocalypse?), and that it's thrown away at the end for something even funnier is all the more glorious.

I only wish I had followed through on live-tweeting the whole episode. Without question one of the all-time greats of this show.

• Like 7

I nearly ran out of air laughing so hard at the "cavalcade of suicide" part. Basically, I'm saying this episode is phenomenal.

• Like 9

Andy forgot Andi Callahan, RN. This is not a complaint, but a statement of my borderline unhealthy appreciation for Andy Daly and his characters.

• Like 9

That comedy bang bang sneak peak on ifc got me more excited than the dark knight rises trailer.

The day after this was recorded I saw Andy Daly and he is very aware of the characters he forgot to include. I'd say he did pretty well for being put on the spot.

Hope you guys enjoyed this one as much as I enjoyed making it.

• Like 1

The end of the episode was so funny I almost got in a car accident today. Be careful when mixing CBB with driving. I was laughing so hard, tears were pouring out. I wish Chip Douglas would have jumped out of window with a hearty "hail satan!"

• Like 3

Man alive, I'm barely past the half hour mark and already have to nominate "Beachfront PROPERTY!!!" for some kind of end of the year award and from scanning the comments so far this is going to get even better. I could listen to Scott, Jason, and Andy for hours.

• Like 1

can scott do a james quall esque version of wipeout every episode? this was amazing i love andy and jason and scott...its like big love but with bros..sorry

• Like 1

I'm glad he remembered the middle eight break guy

• Like 2

Was this the best episode of all time? Evidence:

1: "Beachfront property" punctuated by Wipeout, segueing into the Big Bopper.

0: Engineer Dustin inserting a "What's up, Hot Dog?" (I'm glad you're getting mic time here and on Two Charted).

-1: "Can't do it on land." "You could, but it would be illegal." "Huh?"

-2: The ending, my personal favorite being Hot Dog jumping with a doo-wop sting. Not to mention the window being replaced between each character.

-3: New countdown system.

• Like 16

This was absolutely genius. It's up there with Farts and Procreation on my all time list.

• Like 1

The last 10 minutes of this one was one of the funniest podcasting moments in history!

Didn't realize the Earwolf studios had so many windows!

• Like 2

Totally agreement with everyone else. Ending was amazing. "I'm the Irish guy with all the poems!"

• Like 2

Just finished it. This year has been absolutely stellar. Every single week manages to outdo the previous week. The cavalcade of suicide is just so brilliant. I loved listening to Andy Daly's gear turns as he realises what is going on. So. Fucking. Amaznig. I don't know how Andy Daly can ever top this brilliance.

• Like 1

BEST. ENDING. EVER.

• Like 4

Andy Daly episodes are always great, but this one is outstanding- no games needed! I'm glad he didn't decide to jump out the same window each time his characters took the long 1 floor plunge.

Chantilly Wipeout made me cry laughter tears from deep inside my gut.

I hope the new countdown system gets mashed up with the old. I could go for some 1, 0, -1, -nose action.

Great great great episode!

• Like 1

I just liked a whole bunch of random comments because this episode made me so fucking giddy I can barely stand myself

• Like 4